What are we about?
At Salit Steel we believe that people are our most valuable asset and that everyone on our team plays a unique role in contributing to our overall success. We are always looking for diverse and talented people who are interested in joining the Salit Steel family.
We are an integrated network of companies and partners that delivers steel solutions in North America. Now in our fifth generation, we have been family-owned and operated since 1905. We consider our customers, industry partners, and employees all to be a part of the Salit Steel family.
As a dynamic organization, we continue to evolve into new markets and develop products to better serve our customers, and we always stay true to the strong set of values that are the foundation of our business. We are passionate about delivering outstanding service and building strong relationships. In addition, we are committed to finding new ways of doing things that are better, faster and more cost-effective to provide our customers with efficiencies, new products and the best experience possible.
Headquartered in Niagara Falls, Ontario, we have operations across Ontario, as well as in Quebec, Western Canada and the US. No matter what our customers need, we either stock it or we will source it. We make sure our customers have exactly what they need, where they need it, when they need it. We operate steel service centres and provide reinforcing products including stock and fabricated rebar; as well as offering specialty products including assembled rebar, stainless steel rebar and mechanical tube.
Why join us?
- A values-driven, team-oriented environment – we are like a family
- Competitive salary and benefits with RRSP matching
- Opportunities for growth and development
- A fun place to work!
Do you have what it takes?
The Production Supervisor is responsible for the execution of production duties and directs the tasks of the workforce. These responsibilities include the allocation of work for your shift and communicating with other supervisors and/or Lead Hands to ensure efficient coordination of activities continues across all shifts. You will endeavor to achieve the highest degree of safety, production, and accuracy in a cost-effective manner. You will lead by example, build upon effective means of communication, and provide positive motivation and build morale amongst all division employees.
- Ensuring the health and safety of the employees under your direction and any personnel within your work area
- Meeting the requirements of the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Organizing the weekly and daily production requirements to efficiently fulfill customer requirements on time with accuracy and quality
- Daily review of employee timecards and approving hours
- Meet with employees to discuss performance and behavioural related issues and document as required
- Troubleshoot specific production problems as required
- Conduct routine inspections of the workplace and job safety, and maintain records of workplace inspections
- Report accidents and/or injuries and investigate workplace accidents, injuries and incidents, as required
- Work in accordance with company rules and regulations and ensure that those under your direction work in a safe manner
- Lead by example and provide positive motivation and build morale amongst all division employees
- Other duties as assigned
- Planning and Organizing
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Enforcing Laws, Rules and Regulations
- Problem Solving
- Customer Focus
- Written and Verbal Communication
- Team Work
- Quality Orientation
- Time Management
- Adaptability/ Flexibility
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Decision Making and Judgement
- Experience as a Lead Hand/Forman in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in an industrial manufacturing environment is an asset
- Experience working varied / rotating shifts (days / afternoons / nights)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Salit Steel supports and will do its best to accommodate Employees with disabilities, to the point of undue hardship for the Company. Upon request, job accommodations will take into account the Employee’s accessibility needs due to a disability.
We appreciate your enthusiasm for Salit Steel and thank you for applying. Only those selected to move forward in the process will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Foreman / Supervisor: 5 years (preferred)
- Industrial / Manufacturing: 5 years (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Overnight Shift (preferred)