Reflect Optometry is a full scope optometry clinic in Ballantrae, ON. We are located in a growing community and are looking for an enthusiastic member to join our team as an optometric assistant/receptionist.
We are dedicated to providing exceptional eye care and eye wear with a focus on patient education, quality service and products that we stand by. Reflect Optometry is just that, a reflection of our team, our patients and our community. We want to grow with you and hope that you see yourself and your future at our clinic.
We are in search of a friendly, caring team member with customer service experience and excellent communication skills. The ideal candidate can work independently and show initiative, and can creatively solve problems. Experience in an optometry or retail sales setting is an asset but not mandatory.
This is a part-time position and will include some evenings and Saturdays. Hourly wage is to be determined based on relevant experience. Personal protective equipment (PPE) and scrubs are required and will be provided.
The right candidate will be cross trained to assist in all practice responsibilities.
Daily and weekly tasks include:
- Greeting patients in person, by telephone and/or through email communication in a friendly and welcoming manner while building patient rapport
- Booking and scheduling appointments
- Validating health cards
- Processing payments, including OHIP and insurance submissions
- Perform pre-testing
- Processing specialist referrals
- Assist in retail sales of glasses, frame adjustments, inventory management, contact lens fitting
- Assist the optometrist to ensure efficient patient flow
- Additional clerical duties related to office management as needed
- Help support social media and website management
We thank all applicants for your interest, and will be in touch with those that best match our qualifications.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Part-time hours: 12-20 per week
Salary: $16.00-$18.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Whitchurch-Stouffville, ON L4A7X4: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Expected start date: 2022-08-16