Are you a Social Service Worker or Developmental Service Worker who is eager to work as part of a dynamic team in our growing operations of quality community care. If so, Family Options is looking for you.
Family Options has been operating specialized, community homes in Ontario for many years for adult individuals with complex special needs who are often dual diagnosed.
We create specialized, individual services that support the independence, inclusion, and dignity of the individuals we service and support.
Family Options Inc. is a unionized environment for our frontline direct care staff and requires the following qualifications:
- Willingness to complete a Certification in Safe Management Group Crisis Intervention (SMG)
- Ability to plan, prioritize, organize and implement daily routines/ responsibilities
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use discretion in a fast paced, residential treatment setting
- Sound crisis management skills
- G-Class driver's license and valid insurance
- Valid First Aid Certificate and CPR level C
- Satisfactory vulnerable sector police records check and pre-employment medical screening (required prior to commencement of employment)
- Ability to understand and practice the Knowledge of current Quality Assurance legislations (QAM)
Participate in the implementation of behavior support plans including hands-on care and daily living activities. Provide direct and indirect support to individuals as required by personal support plans.
- Promote community inclusion, independence and self-determinism for the individuals supported. Support clients to identify, work towards and achieve their goals/personal outcomes.
- Encourage self-expression of individuals supported and remain knowledgeable of verbal and nonverbal communications, including alternative communication systems and techniques.
- Utilize problem-solving skills to work collaboratively within a team and with families.
- Complete all required electronic documentation and reports, accurately and within set time frames.
- Apply behavior techniques and interventions. Assist in the implementation of behavioral plan for the client and reporting on the progress of the clients plan.
- Provide careful and accurate observation of clients, completing written assessments and reports throughout shifts.
- Encourage and assist clients to participate in social, educational, community and recreational activities to enhance their experience and quality of life.
- Take an active role to ensure the home and property (inside and outside) remains clean, tidy and safe for our clients. It is important that the home is one of pride for the clients, staff and our community neighbours.
Family Options has Standard Shift work required that occurs in this industry of some evenings, weekends and Holidays. Schedules have been designed to be consistent and allow for a team rotation of steady shifts, some weekends off, and predictability to allow for planned time off. Our schedules enhance and build teams of consistency, continuity and stability.
Physical fitness sufficient to:
- Kneel, squat, bend and twist regularly
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs
- Perform tasks involving firm grasping
- Full range of motion with respect to arm and leg movements and body mobility
- Physically capable to engage and carry out physical intervention or containment; required in the standard industry required obtainment and renewal of (annual) Safe Management Training certification.
Family Options is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us at 1-888-532-2934. Please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description and location of the position for which you are applying.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- G Drivers License (required)