Due to the needs of the person served, this position is only open to female applicants.
Schedule: One-two night per week
Nature of the position:
Working directly with an adult female with neurodevelopmental disability and complex neurobehavioural based issues. Position requires working independently with the person served in their home. The Overnight Asleep staff is responsible to provide support for the resident as needed. The Overnight Asleep staff is permitted to sleep providing the house is safe, secured and the resident is settled. The Overnight Asleep staff has access to an adjacent lockable bedroom in the residence. The Overnight Asleep staff is responsible within the residence to ensure that the resident is appropriately supervised and cared for during the night shift and that the residential milieu is safe and secure.
Specific Position Duties / Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the JHS Director of Community Living Services, complete duties in accordance with organizational policies and procedures.
- Supervise the residential milieu.
- Recognize and address challenging and emergent situations.
- Maintain narrative report of contact. Ensure all required documentation is complete, accurate, and in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Be aware of the resident’s background and attend to the ethnic, cultural, religious, sexual orientation, health and other needs.
- Encourage healthy living practices, such as medication compliance and being safe.
- Promote the independence, safety, and overall quality of life of those served in their home.
- Exercise good judgement and uphold professional and consistent boundaries.
- Diploma/degree in related human/social services field or at least one (1) year employment within the social services field.
- Or working to complete diploma/degree also considered.
- Able to write factual reports, keep accurate records, and communicate effectively.
- Contingent upon a clear criminal record check - arranged by successful candidate upon hiring.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $140.00 /day