Positions Available: 1
Unionized Position: Yes
Union: OPSEU L5116
Position Type: Full-time Contract (6-Months)
Job Class: Clinical
Reconnect Community Health Services is a Toronto based organization that provides mental health, addictions and community support services to individuals 16 years of age and older.
Reconnect Community Health Services offers a wide range of programs, treatment, support and help to individuals 16 years of age and older. Our services include Adult Day Services, Case Management, Home Help and Personal Care, Meals on Wheels, Therapeutic Falls Prevention, Mental Health Multidisciplinary Teams, Addictions Case Management, Crisis Outreach and Crisis Beds.
Crisis Outreach Services for Seniors (COSS) is a mobile crisis intervention and outreach service for older adults (65+ Years) with addictions issues or mental illness. The COSS team provides direct in-person contact with clients within 24 to 48 hours in a community setting. Short-term crisis response is available 365 days a year.
- Respond to crisis calls initiated by clients, family members, friends, health care providers, and community agencies;
- Assess client needs through a specific assessment tool and develop and implement a plan of care with short and long-term objectives;
- Provide case management services which include assessment, intensive case management, long term planning, and follow up services when needed;
- Conduct outreach and provide home and community based services as part of a multi-disciplinary inter-agency team;
- Refer and link clients and caregivers to a range of community resources, including meals, drop-in centres, social recreational program, clothing exchanges, etc.;
- Carry out case management and service delivery/client contact documentation requirement in a timely and professional manner;
- Work closely with convalescent care, transitional care, acute care, emergency departments, rehabilitation centres, and complex continuing care to plan follow up services for clients who have been hospitalized;
- Actively take part in developing, implementing, and evaluating the Crisis Outreach Service through meetings, strategic planning and research initiatives;
- Perform on call crisis response duties, by carrying a cell phone, as needed, when required
- Has a university degree and/or Community College Diploma in social services or related field BSW or MSW, an asset
- 3 Years related experience in crisis support and intervention
- Demonstrated experience supporting seniors with mental health and substance use issues from a recovery and harm reduction approach
- Experience in mediating conflict
- Proven ability in case management and supportive counselling skills
- Strong clinical assessment skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated information and referral skills; and ability to effectively link clients to supportive services
- Excellent knowledge of community resources, with a focus on seniors’ services
- Self-directed and independent, but also experienced in working effectively as a member of multi-disciplinary team, which includes internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work from a client-centered approach
- Ability to exercise good judgment and flexibility
- Applied computer skills (MS office, word, excel, and Internet)
- Ability to use case management software is an asset
- Fluency in a second language is a strong asset
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to issues of gender, race, sexual orientation and multi-cultural issues is required
- Valid Driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends, evenings and statutory holidays as required
- Office work, community settings, meetings in client’s home or on the phone and travel with clients
- May be exposed to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including exposure to the AIDS and hepatitis B viruses.
- Interacts with clients, family members, staff, visitors and other care providers.
Hours of Work
37.50 Hours per week/ flexible evening and/or weekend hours as required
Compensation Type: Salary
Salary Range: $47,000.00 to $61,406.00 Per Annum
All interested applicants who meet the qualifications are invited to submit a cover letter and resume.
To request an accommodation in the application process, contact us at (416) 248-2050 ext. 5288
Reconnect Community Health Services promotes the principles of and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We strongly encourage applicants with lived experiences, from Aboriginal communities, people of all races, colors, ethnic origins, religions, disabilities and sexual orientations to apply. We recognize that equitable access to employment is an agent in social change.
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Reconnect Community Health Services
1281 St. Clair Avenue West
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- G Class Driver's Licence and Access to a personal vehicle (Required)