1 Presidents Choice Circle, Brampton, Ontario, L6Y 5S5
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
What you’ll do:
- Execute risk based audits and advisory projects within a dynamic environment by working with an integrated audit team and applying a multi-faceted approach to engagements. Work within professional auditing and accounting standards.
- Conduct opening and closing meetings with Senior Executives and Management Board members.
- Prepare and communicate audit findings and recommendations with senior levels of Management as well as with the Board of Directors and its sub-committees.
- Work with the business to develop value added Management Action Plans to address the findings identified to foster continuous improvement and reduce risk across the organization.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external partners and co-workers.
- Ensure that the assigned individual audit plan is met on time and on budget.
- Conduct research of new and emerging issues and best practices in risk assessment, auditing and accounting. Analyze results to help better understand, communicate and evaluate any significant internal control, accounting or operational business issues.
- Preform any ad-hoc requests by management as necessary.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of internal auditing, control standards and internal consulting skills
- Designated CPA (or CPA candidate awaiting designation) with 2-3 years of audit experience or other industry specific experience
- Team player with excellent ability be agile, collaborate and effectively prioritize to manage and complete projects within tight timelines
- Self-starter with excellent communication skills (written, oral and presentation) and interpersonal skills, comfortable presenting to Senior Executives
- Excellent interpersonal and project management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint & Visio)
- Knowledge and use of advanced data analytics in an audit environment is an asset
- Experience in retail, wholesale and/or real estate industry
- Awareness of applicable regulatory or compliance requirements that relate to LCL’s current business environment
- Flexibility/adaptability working on changing priorities
- Knowledge of IT controls or system implementations (project management, agile, waterfall) would be an asset
How You’ll Succeed:
- Enthusiastic learner with demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast paced agile work environment
- Proactive individual with the ability to effectively manage various projects simultaneously to strict deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other business units and build strong working relationships
- Influencing skills and ability to challenge the status quo to simplify processes
- Critical thinker with a passion for completing data analysis to identify trends, conclusions and provide recommendations based on the findings.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Type of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.