Greater Vancouver Community Services Society (GVCSS) is currently looking for an experienced Licensed Practical Nurse to fulfill a community LPN role. This role practices within the context of a client and family centered care model and in accordance with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP) standards of practice for Licensed Practical Nurses and the vision and values of GVCSS
Who are we?
Greater Vancouver Community Services Society (GVCSS) is a non-profit society delivering care and services in the community to support the independence and well-being of the elderly, people with disabilities, and others who require support to retain or regain health and autonomy.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates nursing care to meet the needs of clients in accordance with competency guidelines within the established standards of practice and current legislative scope of practice.
- To pay visits to clients to ensure that the procedures and care plans are followed by both the clients and Community Health Workers, and that the provision of personal care and nursing tasks adheres to established standards, protocols and guidelines.
- Provides input regarding clients needs.
- Encourages and assists clients in activities of daily living as required, such as bathing, skin care, oral hygiene and toileting.
- Administers medication to clients and provides medication reminders, in accordance with established policy and procedures.
- Observes clients and their environments, and reports unsafe conditions and behavioural, physical and/or cognitive changes to designated supervisor.
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary community care team on matters pertaining to complex personal care of individual clients and health/nursing care.
- Maintains close communication and liaison with individuals involved in the provision of care to clients, including: staff, clients’ family/friends and other health professionals
- Completes and maintains related records and documentation . Reports problems and/or changes to designated supervisor.
- Perform requires nursing task according to client’s care plan.
- Other related duties as required
- Applicants should be able to work independently
- Graduation from a recognized program for Practical Nurses
- A minimum of two (2) years of recent clinical experience in a LPN role providing care in a community setting ideally
- Community Home Support experience is desirable.
- A valid driver's license and own vehicle is a must.
- Current First Aid and CPR
- Current Registration with BC College of Licensed Practical Nurses
What do we offer?
- Greater Vancouver Community Services Society is one of BC's oldest and largest accredited community care service providers
- GVCSS cares for 4,000 people each year
- A unionized work environment and compensation
- Continuous hands-on training and skills upgrading
- Up-to-date mobile communication technology
We thank you in advance for your application but only qualified individuals will be contacted.
Visit our website for more information: www.gvcss.bc.ca
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Salary: $28.43 per hour
- Standard First Aid/CPR (preferred)
- Driver's License (preferred)
- Practical Nurse License (preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place