Competition Number S18630P
Position Title Cashier Clerk
Position Number S99977
Employee Group Staff
Position Status Regular Full-Time
Start Date 08/02/2021
End Date (if applicable)
Department Financial Services
Location North Vancouver
Working with us
At Capilano University, students are our focus. Employees play an essential role in creating an exceptional learning experience for students and a thriving campus community. Together, we are a high-performing team of individuals who make Capilano University one of the leading teaching universities in British Columbia and one of BC’s Top Employers. Grounded by our sense of purpose, we offer a meaningful, friendly and dynamic work environment.
As a member of the Financial Services team, you will be instrumental in helping to contribute to a customer focused unit that mainly deals with student payments and accounts questions. You will do this by working collaboratively with the rest of the cashier’s team in ensuring that students are well informed, and data provided is accurate and timely. This position will be responsible for communication between students, staff, and external parties regarding fees and student accounts. We are looking for someone to help us continue to build our Student Financial Accounts supports and services while providing exceptional experiences for our employee and student community. You will work with a team of talented and professional colleagues, an engaged community, and an impactful executive team.
Do you share our purpose and passion?
What you’ll do
- Receives tuition and other revenue from a variety of sources, accepts payment by cash, cheque, credit card or debit card; issues receipts; maintains custody of and ensures the security of deposits.
- Provides front line customer service and information to students, staff, faculty and the general public regarding payment processes, procedures and policies. Responds to enquiries and refers people to other campus services as necessary.
- Performs clerical duties such as filing, data entry, and sorting and processing internal and external mail.
What you’ll bring
- Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by courses in customer relations or customer service, word processing and spreadsheets.
- One year of related experience in a front line or call centre environment
For more information
For more information, please see the complete job description.
At Capilano University, we understand that there is more to life than work. That is why we offer comprehensive benefits and support to help you and your family live a balanced life.
Take a sneak peek to see what it is like to work at Capilano University.
Days and Hours of Work
Our standard work week is Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 4:00pm. This position may include evenings and weekends.
Bridge Period (if applicable)
Pay Group 12
$3,440 per month (with increments to a max of $3,871 per month)
Job Open Date 06/18/2021
Job Close Date 06/30/2021
Open Until Filled No