Faculty Search: Biblical Studies or Biblical Theology, Assistant and Associate Level
Carey Theological College invites applications for biblical studies positions at the Assistant Professor or Associate Professor level, in a full-time or part-time (bi-vocational) capacity.
Located in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, Carey Theological College is an Affiliate College of the University of British Columbia. Carey offers graduate level theological education for pastors, missionaries and other Christian workers, primarily through our Master of Divinity and Doctor of Ministry degrees. Over the last twenty years, Carey has developed a robust global curriculum, delivered online and supported by a contextual mentorship program. Carey Theological College is an accredited evangelical seminary rooted in the Baptist
tradition. Further information about Carey can be found at https://carey-edu.ca/
Applicants must have obtained a Ph.D., D.Phil, or Th.D in New Testament, Old Testament or biblical theology and must demonstrate academic competence through courses taught and relevant publications. Applicants with experience teaching in an online setting and with competence in a secondary discipline, preferably applied theology, will be given priority consideration. Additional qualifications include:
- Superior communication skills in both written and spoken English (additional language competency in Chinese or Spanish is an asset)
- Christian and cross-cultural ministry experience
- A Christian life deeply connected to a local congregation and agreeable to the Canadian Baptist Statement of Faith and specific beliefs (http://cbwc.ca/about-us/beliefs/)
Carey’s faculty members are engaged in program and curriculum development, instruction, student formation, research and publication, and service to the College and to the larger church. While faculty members teach in their primary area of expertise, all faculty members are expected to have a thorough understanding of overall curriculum design and be able to collaborate with other faculty members to design and co-teach interdisciplinary courses. Rank and compensation will be based on qualifications and experience. Successful candidates can live and work anywhere in the world with a strong internet connection. However, Canadian citizens and permanent
residents of Canada will be given priority. Subject to final approval, the appointment will begin September 1, 2019.
If interested, please include the following items below in your application. Please place “Biblical Studies Faculty Application 2019” in the subject line. Application Deadline: Until the position is filled.
- a cover letter
- current curricula vitae
- a 500-word statement describing your journey of faith and call to ministry
- a 500-word essay of what you see as the greatest challenge and opportunity in global theological
- education in the next decade and what you can contribute as a theological educator
- a 500-word reflection on a cross-cultural teaching experience
- Sample online course syllabus and/or online teaching portfolio
Job Type: Full-time
- Doctoral Degree (Required)