Job Title: Digital Content Writer / Copywriter
Who are we?
At OW, we specialize in Digital Marketing, including SEO/SEM, AdWords PPC, Facebook Ads, Content Marketing, Copywriting, Social Media Marketing, Web Design, eCommerce, and Sales & Lead Generation.
What we are looking for:
OW is looking for a great Digital Content Writer / Copywriter: An innate ability to capture audiences with your words is something that truly drives you.
* Please note: This is an in-house full-time position. Our office is located in downtown Vancouver, BC.
The Digital Content Writer / Copywriter will be expected to write compelling copy for websites, blogs, emails, landing pages, and campaign creative (i.e. ads and promo material). You have a strong understanding of SEO and how to naturally integrate keywords into copy, as well as the ability to conduct keyword research for relevant and high-performing search terms.
Digital copywriting is about being able to understand, connect and write for an audience, and is about having the flexibility and skill to alter the style of writing from client to client and from project to project. The ultimate goal of a copywriter is to engage and influence people’s behaviour through words and stories.
We are looking for someone who is a team player, takes initiative, and helps our company and clients succeed. Be prepared to wear many hats and learn many skills.
If this is your passion, apply now!
- Develop and write copy for digital content that meets business and marketing objectives from beginning to end, while working collaboratively with other digital team members
- Conduct SEO research for high-performing keywords that align with a website's goals
- Write compelling blogs for various clients in a variety of industries
- Proofread, edit, and optimize copy for digital
- Write benefit-driven copy for landing pages that will generate leads and conversions
- Write engaging and optimized copy for websites
- Develop creative and captivating copy for digital media ads, such as Facebook, AdWords and Display Ads
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) on social media that builds meaningful connections and encourages engagement / action
- Create social media editorial calendars and schedules
- Continuously capture and analyze the appropriate social data / metrics, insights, and best practices
- Develop email marketing campaigns that get opened, read and clicked
Our Ideal Candidate is:
- A creative thinker with big ideas
- A researcher who can dig deep to find valuable information and craft compelling stories
- An expert at adapting their writing talent to meet each clients’ needs
- Has strong knowledge of SEO, keyword research, and integrating keyword strategy into copy and content
- Able to take an idea or concept and give it substance, direction and content
- An expert in powerfully communicating key messages
- Able to tailor content and writing style according to purpose – to sell or to inform
- Able to write clearly and concisely with a core understanding of conversion optimization
- Experienced in writing for websites, blogs, marketing campaigns, emails, slogans, scripts
- Proven working experience in social media marketing or as a digital media
- Excellent writing, editing (photo/video/text), and communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Google My Business (Posts/Photos), Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, and other social media best practices
- Attentive to the complementary relationship between visual elements and content
- Proficient in copyediting
- An active problem solver
- Organized and can manage multiple projects in fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Attentive to project goals and user needs
- Ready to learn more about digital strategies and adapt skills to keep pace with continually involving industry
- A team player
- BA in preferably English, Communications, Marketing, or related field
- 2+ YEARS OF EQUIVALENT WORK EXPERIENCE THAT INCLUDES:
- Copywriting, copyediting, SEO, Keyword research, Google Analytics
- 2+ YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN WRITING THE FOLLOWING:
- Website copy, email copy, landing page copy, Blog copy
- It would be beneficial if you have experience using WordPress, Social Media, and Mail Chimp
Does this sound like a good fit for you? Please send us your Resume and Cover Letter.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract