Junior Software Developer - Intern
At Convverge, we are driven by technology, innovation, and the opportunity to work with amazing clients. We build business-level, web-based applications on Cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure, SharePoint and the Power Platform that support a rich set of interactions among customers, employees and users like us. As software developers, designers and analysts, our work requires us to consider usability, design, business workflow, performance, as well as strong technical platform integrations. We are regional leaders in a growing cloud technology space.
About Our Team
- We passionately solve problems and commit to quality as the leading design principle.
- We scale ourselves through small, self-empowered and self-organizing teams.
- We focus on learning, at an organizational and personal level. All employees are pursuing certifications on company time, with an allocation of 4 hours per week of professional development time.
- We value a diverse team with a variety of experiences and educational backgrounds.
We are seeking a Junior Software Developer-Intern to support the development of solutions for a broad range of clients and who truly loves working with technology and solving problems. You will work as a part of a development team and take great pride in supporting and creating resilient, high-quality software. You are excited to work with a team that strives to solve complex business problems, no matter what it takes. You want to work with cutting edge software and tools primarily centered around the Microsoft technology stack. This is for an 8-month term.
- Contribute / Support collaboratively within a creative and fast paced environment, designing innovative solutions that are architecturally solid and scalable.
- Thrive working independently within an open environment.
- Work within an Agile development environment, adhering to process standards and best practices.
- Demonstrate an ability to break down complex problems into smaller tasks that can be systematically prioritized and addressed.
- Build “as built” documentation for current projects
- Build technical support documents for client solutions
- Support the Senior Software developers for testing and quality assurance reviews of software.
- Develop strong coding solutions using Microsoft business power platforms that perform and fit well within the context of a larger product.
- Proactively identify and communicate risks or delays that may affect the overall health of a project.
- Currently enrolled and in the 3rd or 4th year of a related degree.
- Smart and driven individual who is passionate about learning new technologies.
- Disciplined self-starter, capable of working independently or in close collaboration within an agile development team
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Passion for solving hard problems and knows how to have fun!
We will give strong preference to developers who have the following experience:
- Experience with Microsoft Power Platform, especially Power Automate
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint, especially SharePoint Online. SharePoint Framework considered a bonus.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, including DevOps and Microsoft 365
- Experience with command line scripting (PowerShell, Bash)
Job Types: Full-time, Internship / Co-op
Contract length: 8 months