Care & Maintenance Manager
Whitehorse, YT - Full-Time Permanent - Relocation assistance available.
Ensero Solutions is an environmental consulting and remediation business with specific expertise in environmental assessments, active/passive water treatment, microbiological testing, and turnkey remediation services for the mining industry and broader industrial sectors. At Ensero, we get the opportunity to make a positive impact on the environment and people’s lives. We’re building a culture where people can grow their careers and are challenged to solve our client’s toughest environmental problems.
About the Role
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Care & Maintenance Manager is responsible to oversee the care and maintenance of the Mount Nansen mine site including the care & maintenance activities and the operation of a water treatment facility.
- Provide senior leadership and ensure effective and efficient overall management of the care and maintenance of a closed mine site and the operation of a water treatment facility.
- Coordinate and plan personnel/equipment/consumables needs for care & maintenance and water treatment operations.
- Optimizing existing operations through implementation of process optimization, preventative maintenance strategies, and health & safety improvements.
- Monitor and promote system environmental health and worker safety compliance.
- Identify and recommend improvements to operations to ensure assigned functions are efficient and cost effective.
- Ensure plant operations, performance, and reporting requirements conform to operating standards and procedures, and initiate control process adjustments in response to changing conditions.
- Support general care and maintenance activities on site including maintenance of site pumps, distribution systems (water, electrical and fuel), communication systems, buildings, and roadways.
- Maintain all on-site equipment in good and safe working order by performing regular inspections, preventative maintenance and repairs.
- Engage with subcontractors and consultants.
- Conduct daily/weekly/monthly sampling, inspections and monitoring of tailings area, ponds, and water from various sources at site.
- Prepare daily/monthly/quarterly summary reports of site operation.
- Supervise care and maintenance operators.
- Develop or aid in the development of standard operating procedures, safety procedures and training.
- Provide leadership, direction, coaching, and professional development opportunities for direct reports
- Other related duties as required.
- Level III Wastewater Treatment Certificate an asset.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in construction/operations and site supervision.
- Previous experience operating heavy equipment considered an asset.
- Is in possession of a current Driver’s License.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Previous experience operating hand tools, small machinery, and other necessary equipment.
How to Apply
Visit www.ensero.com/careers and apply through our on-line portal.
Ensero Solutions believes in a diverse working environment and a culture where differences are valued.
Expected start date: 2021-09-06
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00-$110,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care