We Never Say No. We Never Give up. We Never Turn Anyone Away.
Wood’s Homes is a multi-service, non-profit children’s mental health centre based in Calgary. Our over 550 staff and volunteers help provide 35 programs and services for 28,000 children and their families each year in Calgary, Lethbridge, Canmore, Strathmore, Fort McMurray and Fort Smith, N.W.T.
The commitment to high-risk adolescents, many of whom are faced with some very tough issues, is a point of pride for Wood’s Homes. The type of work we do requires quick thinking, confidence, forgiveness and persistence. We are proud of the high quality support services offered to our clients, partners and communities and, through our programs, will continue to promote and assist in the development and well-being of children, youth and families.
We are currently seeking a full-time Community Engagement Coordinator for our Communications Department on Parkdale Campus.
The Community Engagement Co-coordinator is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with various stakeholders to increase awareness and support for Wood’s Homes.
This position reports to the Manager of Communications and Marketing
- Maintain a positive and inspiring presence in the community, while raising awareness of Wood’s Homes and its activities
- Represent Wood’s Homes at community events; work in collaboration with Wood’s Homes program staff to speak at schools, resource fairs, etc.
- Lead all aspects of the Volunteer Program, including recruitment and (for programs and events) recognition of volunteers as well as tracking and reporting on the volunteer program
- Co-ordinate Days of Caring and conduct program tours, when applicable
- Create a Community Engagement Toolkit for use by community and corporate partners and establish a process to recruit and retain meaningful opportunities
- Lead annual review and reporting of connections made in the community
- Liaise with programs, committees and external stakeholders to help facilitate events; develop and maintain project schedules and timelines
- Ensure data regarding stakeholders, contacts, events and activities is entered into database and remains current
- Other duties and committee work as assigned.
Qualifications and Education:
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience in communications, public relations or event management
- Minimum of 2 years’ community experience in community development; knowledge of the non-profit landscape
- Marketing and/or media relations experience is an asset
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills, superb hosting skills, and comfort working with groups of all sizes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge database is a strong asset as well as some graphic design software (InDesign)
- Proficiency in the use of all Microsoft Office applications
- Strong interpersonal skills in establishing successful working relationships both internally and externally
- Strong organizational (time management), analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task, manage and meet tight timelines
- Must be able to work independently and with a team
- Personal suitability is an important consideration
- Must have own transportation and the flexibility to work some evenings/weekends
Wood’s Homes is proud to be awarded one of the 100 Best Places to Work in Canada for 2011 and 2012, as well as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces for Women in 2011. We offer an exceptional benefits package including vision, dental, extended health, a generous Group Registered Pension Plan and a Computer Literacy Incentive Plan.
Please submit a resume to Wood’s Homes – Human Resources Department (Parkdale Campus). Please quote ‘Last Name, First Name, Community Engagement Coordinator’ in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- community: 2 years (Preferred)