The Alberni-Clayoquot Continuing Care Society is an independent, non-profit organization operating two long-term care Homes (Fir Park Village & Echo Village) in Port Alberni on Vancouver Island. ACCCS is dedicated to ensuring that their long-time home care residents, who depend on the society’s services, can enjoy life in this hidden gem of a community in one of the most beautiful places in Canada.
We currently have opportunities for Licensed Practical Nurses to provide quality care services to our residents. We believe in a holistic approach to care with a commitment to each resident that embraces safety, quality of care and quality of life.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package and a welcoming, inclusive work environment.
- Valid BC Practical Nurse license, or graduation from a recognized program for Practical Nurses and/or Orderlies, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Interest in dementia care.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
About Port Alberni, BC:
Port Alberni is an exceptional place to live, offering affordable real estate, family-friendly communities and full amenities. Centrally located on Vancouver Island, Port Alberni is home to world-class outdoor recreation year-round. From urban living to rural amenities, including a wide array of modern healthcare services and facilities, state-of-the-art education institutions, and growing arts and theatre opportunities, this city has something for everyone who chooses to make Port Alberni their home.
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time, Fixed term contract
Salary: From $30.49 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
- reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work to Port Alberni, BC ?
- Do you meet the experience and educational requirements?
- Are you currently living in British Columbia?
- relevant: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person