This position will be located at:
Hamilton General Hospital
Hours per week:
Number of Openings:
Non Union Employees
Sep 21, 2021, 11:00:00 PM
Close Date (Period for Applying) - External:
Sep 28, 2021, 10:59:00 PM
The ICRG is composed of investigators, research nurses, study coordinators and research assistants in the area of interventional cardiology in support of ongoing research and education.
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY:
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to Employee Health Services.
- Support Research Coordinator to oversee the operation and management of research projects.
- Adhere to Good Clinical Practice and incorporate GCP requirements in all stages of research projects from start up to close up.
- Adhere to regulatory and local requirements (i.e. annual safety reports, periodic safety reports).
- Adhere to timelines and milestones.
- Provide support to all collaborators (sites/countries) on a regular basis through communication.
- Liaise with internal and external collaborators involved with research projects, to develop study agreements, complete regulatory/ethics submissions, and process payments for sites and other collaborators.
- Compile, review, and file essential documents.
- Help with training and orientation of study sites and staff.
- Help develop Manual of Operations and other study support tools, reports, and trackers.
- Help create and test data reports, databases, audit case report forms (CRFs), and related programs.
- Help coordinate the process of transferring prepared study data to the study sponsor.
- Respond to data-related questions and query from internal and external partners.
- Coordinate logistics, review requirements, and confirm accuracy for the shipping and collection of materials and supplies for the main study as well as for sub-studies.
- Prepare for meetings and teleconferences.
- Implement all study related amendments requested by the Principal Investigator.
- Respond to daily inquiries and facilitate communications on behalf of the central site.
- Help with publications and other study related documentations.
- Perform activities related to major protocol deviations.
- Creation of data collection forms.
- Regular communication with external parties.
- Help provide training to staff.
- Help provide training to external study staff.
- Attend regular meetings prepare minutes and lines of actions.
Schedule Work Hours
Full time, 37.5 hours/week. This is a temporary position until September 2022
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field of study.
- Requires 2 years of relevant experience.
- Clinical Trial experience.
- GCP, TCPS2 training
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Operations at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement