FOR PROFESSIONAL STUDENT SERVICES PERSONNEL, DISTRICT 7,
BLUEWATER DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD
INVITES APPLICATIONS FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITION
TEMPORARY SPECIALIZED EQUIPMENT TECHNOLOGY ASSISTANT (1.0 FTE)
PSSP shall be given first consideration
One (1) Temporary Full-Time Specialized Equipment Technology Assistant
LOCATION: Bluewater District School Board Education Centre, Chesley
COMMENCING: As soon as possible and ending November 11, 2019 or earlier if incumbent returns or circumstances change.
SUPERVISOR: Blair Hilts, Learning Services Administrator
The Specialized Equipment Technology Assistant works in conjunction with Learning Services Staff, and/or Audiologist to support students with special needs and school-based support staff.
- Provide training to students and staff;
- Trouble shoot FM systems;
- Collaborates and consults with Learning Services staff;
- Manitain specialized equipment inventory for FM systems; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education or equivalent based on experience; and
- A valid driver’s license.
- A thorough understanding of physiological and functional speech/langauge and hearing disorders and the development of essential programming skills;
- A thorough understanding of and experience with students with exceptionalities and Technology-assisted learning;
- Strong technology skills;
- Knowledge of specialized software to support students with special needs (specific knowledge and experience with supporting Premier Suites and Boardmaker Studio);
- Knowledge and experience with tablet technologies (e.g. iPad/iPods/Yogas) to support special education;
- Knowledge of Augmentative Communication Systems;
- Knowledge of FM systems;
- Excellent communication skills; and
- Proven ability to work as part of a team.
- The closing date for applying to this vacancy is Monday, September 16, 2019 at 4:00 p.m.
- Please apply by email to Nancy Becker, and include a cover letter, résumé, references and permission to check references.
We thank everyone for applying, however, only applicants who meet the eligibility requirements will be contacted.
Questions regarding this position can be directed to:
Learning Services Administrator
Bluewater District School Board
351 1st Ave. N, Chesley, Ontario
(519) 363-2014 ext. 2013
“Applicants are encouraged to self-identify and notify Human Resources Services if any accommodations are required to participate in the recruitment process.”
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary