Are you a creative and proactive designer and creator who LOVES all things design and dogs? Do you find yourself drawn to all things visual, aesthetically pleasing and on trend? Do you enjoy being challenged and thinking of new creative ways to solve problems? Are you currently looking for a dynamic role to jumpstart your career with a small team of like-minded, fun and hard working individuals?
If this sounds like you and you are interested in learning more about joining our team please continue reading below.
WHO WE ARE:
Wüfers is a dynamic and passionate high-growth e-commerce business providing premium dog cookies to thousands of customers (two-legged and four!) across North America. Our cookies are locally baked, adorably decorated and sold as boxed collections, themed after current trends and holidays! We are a forward-thinking startup, comprised of a small but mighty team, who have a like-minded passion and vision for bringing our customers a dog treat experience like no other using creative and strategic marketing and product design initiatives, all in a unique and collaborative environment.
If you’re looking for a role where you can combine your passions and your career goals into a position where you have the creativity to explore, the encouragement to add your voice and the opportunity to see the result of your efforts, Wüfers could be the ideal place for you to challenge yourself, grow in your career and be a part of something amazing!
We are looking to add a Content Creator to help drive brand growth initiatives through creative content and design, reporting directly to our Head of Content. You will take a lead multidimensional role comprised of day-to-day management of social media and design of all requested creative assets for website and promotional with a focus on consistent brand storytelling and messaging throughout the customer experience.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are a strong creative thinker with a diverse set of design skills and a keen attention to detail
- You have a hands-on attitude and enjoy a dynamic and fast-paced role
- You love the idea of working in a small team environment where you are given a lot of responsibilities, creative freedom and the opportunity to dictate how broad your role can be as you grow in your role
- You are passionate about dogs, design and conceptualizing creative ideas
- You are a visionary who cares deeply about creating a unique brand experience through quality design and out-of-the-box thinking
- You are able to manage multiple deadlines and simultaneous projects
- You are reliable, independent and able to work flexible hours with minimal supervision or direction
- You have a positive disposition, take constructive criticism well and aren’t afraid to experiment outside the box with ideas and concepts
- You have a genuine passion for continuous learning and professional development
- You love playing with dogs, talking about dogs and working with dogs!
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Master the ability to tell the story of our brand, while collaborating with the Head of Content, through creating captivating content for website, social, promotional, and email that is original and on trend while also being consistent with brand voice and image.
- Ideate, pitch and contribute ideas and concepts and work with our Head of Content to plan video and photography production based on approved concepts
- Support digital campaigns through creation of ad assets in the form of video, image and/or gif., maintaining website content, email, landing pages and SEO copy
- Show a passion for branding and an understanding of how to translate guidelines into design solutions that reinforce and differentiate a brand identity
- Manage and monitor all social platforms and engage with potential and existing customers through social media to increase user awareness, engagement and respond to inquiries
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM THIS ROLE:
- An opportunity to join a thriving start-up experiencing exponential growth
- Competitive compensation, based on skills and experience
- A collaborative, encouraging and fun environment of like-minded people passionate about learning and growing the brand as a team
- A close working relationship with the Head Of Content to collaborate on the strategy, execution and growth of all brand content (email, web, social, image, video, etc.)
- An opportunity to apply and develop your design skills while offering creative advice, managing workflow processes, owning design execution, and ensuring quality control of creative work
- Numerous learning opportunities
- A creative eye and a passion for graphic design and branding is crucial
- A Post-Secondary Bachelor's Degree or Diploma of Design, Degree in Graphic Design, or equivalent
- A desire to be part of a start-up environment
- A minimum of two (2) years relevant personal or professional experience in graphic design
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (CC)
- Experience with Shopify, Klaviyo, UX/UI or digital marketing an asset but not a requirement
- An existing portfolio of original content demonstrating the range of your design skillset
- Strong knowledge of all social platforms
- Must have some experience with interactive and multimedia design (videography, photography, etc.)
- Must have some experience with developing content assets for paid social advertising on Facebook/Instagram
- The ability to take initiative and work independently without direct supervision
- Enthusiastic attitude, passion for design excellence, and strong work ethic (sense of humor helps too!)
Job Type: Permanent
- content creation: 1 year (Preferred)
- graphic design: 2 years (Preferred)