Job Title: Affiliate Counsellor- Preferred Provider Network
Reports To: Vice President, Clinical Experience
Location: Vancouver, Montreal, Ottawa, Kingston and other regions
Aspiria is a boutique, national, mental health provider of Employee and Student Assistance Programs (EAP|SAP). With a corporate office in Markham, Ontario, and over 3000 counselling locations across Canada, Aspiria is the leading dedicated company in Canada specializing in customized EAP|SAP solutions for employers and schools of all sizes. In its 15+ years in the mental health industry, Aspiria is known for quality service excellence.
Duties for this counselling position will involve providing short-term, solution-focused counselling support to employees and students covering a vast array of counselling issues. Working independently out of the counsellor’s own private professional office, counsellors will follow company protocols while delivering clinically appropriate interventions. Supervision and guidance from the corporate clinical team will be provided on an ongoing basis.
Successful candidates will be available to receive counselling referrals and, on occasion, may partake in other clinical opportunities such as debriefings and educational seminars. Counsellors will have the opportunity to set their own counselling hours.
Successful candidates must be enthusiastic, team players, technology driven, have positive attitudes, and possess strong counselling skills.
· Receive and accept counselling referrals on a timely basis.
· Provide counselling support under a short-term model.
· Schedule counselling appointments.
· Enter and submit case notes through a secure online portal.
· Complete and close cases within a reasonably appropriate period of time.
· Partake in team meetings.
· Minimum of a Masters Degree in Counselling Psychology, Social Work, or equivalent counselling program.
· Membership in good standing with a professional board.
· Active liability insurance.
· Ability to communicate proficiently in English and/or French (other languages an asset)
· Must have proficient computer skills.
· Ability to work independently and as a team member.
Job Type: Casual