Ottawa Inner City Health is looking for a Part time receptionist for our Primary Care Clinic. The Primary Care Clinic provides services to the homeless population and is located on the main level of the Ottawa Mission, a partner agency.
Internal/ External Competition: Open to all qualified candidates, preference will be given to internal qualified applicants.
The clinic receptionist is responsible for:
- Data base registration of all clients/ patients who present for care at the Primary Care Clinic.
- Preparation of new charts, medical records and chart maintenance including uploading various scanned documents including lab results.
- Managing the flow of patients into the Primary Care Clinic, advising clients of the approximate waiting time, informing the nurse practitioners or other staff when a client’s condition changes while in the waiting area.
- Maintaining the program files for the Ottawa Inner City Health program, including information required for program evaluation.
- Field calls of inquiry and making telephone calls on behalf of clinical staff at their request.
- Assisting clients who require help to obtain drug card or health card, refers clients needing ID replaced to a CHC.
- Tracks inventory and orders supplies.
- Updates and maintains information material.
- Supports the nurse practitioners in all that is required.
- Collaborates with the Ottawa Mission and staff members of the Home Hospice.
- Prepare labs for pick-up.
- Specimen collection.
- Submit consultation requests on behalf of the visiting physicians and Nurse Practitioners.
Hours of Work: Mondays & Tuesdays 8:00am-16:00pm Friday 8:00am-12:00pm
- Proficient with computer systems and other workplace technologies.· Knowledge of EMR.
- Ability to maintain strict client confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently.
- Good interpersonal skills, NVCI and Mental Health First Aid training an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work with homeless people with addictions and mental illness.
- College or University in related field.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Phlebotomy certification would be an asset.
- Previous medical office administrative experience would be an asset.· Bilingualism preferred.
Interested applicants may forward their application by June 24 2021 at midnight. Only those selected for an interview will be cont
Contract length: 12 months
Application deadline: 2021-06-24
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $25.68-$30.43 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Employee assistance program