1575 Upper Ottawa Street, Hamilton, Ontario, L8W 3E2
Take ownership and find more ways to care about our local store owners in a career at Shoppers Drug Mart Central Office / Store Support. Provide great service, specific expertise and actionable advice to support Associate-Owners and their staff in delivering the best health, beauty and convenience services to Canadians.
Why this role is important?
- Ensure quality of customer service is up to SHHC Customer Service standards through full ownership and leadership of the entire customer experience.
- Manage, hire, motivate, train and develop staff. Coach and lead team to achieve store objectives.
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment for staff and customers. Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Promote SHHC in the community (clients, professionals, agencies and referral sources) and build strong business relationships with health care professionals.
- Implement effective system and procedures for the daily operation of the business by effective inventory management through established guidelines; administration & accounting management and implementation of all loss prevention procedures. Ensure policies and procedures are being adhered to.
- Ensure adherence to all marketing programs and initiatives including retail price management, Planograms, core programs, merchandising techniques, flyer implementation and advertising initiatives.
- Develop initiatives to promote sales and maximize profit.
- Manage contracts as applicable.
- Assist in developing annual business plan and projection.
- Proven success as an effective coach and developer of talent
- Proven track record in exceeding key retail performance metrics
- Financial analysis skills with the ability to control expenses and maximize profits
- Effective and professional communication and presentation skills
- Adept at business building through community connections and outreach
- Knowledge of principles of marketing and merchandising
- Effective time management practices
- Effective organization and planning skills
- Knowledge of funding agencies and requirements an asset but not necessary
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities.
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. , we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Type of Role:
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.