This is an opportunity to build a long-term & permanent career with a well-known manufacturing company. The Plant Supervisor must assist in the hiring, orientation, training, instructing, and directing all production employees in their job functions in addition to working on the core functions of the department. This position requires shift rotation and reports to the Production Manager.
Comprehensive benefit package including extended health care, dental, prescription drug coverage, Optional RRSP, Paid vacation, etc.
Plant Supervisor Duties
- Responsible for the overall and daily supervision of the production and its personnel
- Supervise the daily activities including production, shifts and repair/maintenance scheduling.
- Provide hands-on leadership while mentoring and coaching all production employees
- Monitor the spare parts inventory and place orders in-time to avoid any machine downtime
- Ensure all incidents are investigated and reported and associated corrective actions are completed and implemented in an accurate and timely manner.
- Drive safety improvement initiatives, implement safety recommendations, and enforce compliance with OHSA and all other health and safety standards and regulations
- Identify and implement opportunities for Continuous Improvement
- Develop and implement SOPs & work instructions and enforce compliance to all procedures, policies, and guidelines
- Manage employee relations issues and work with management and HR to do performance evaluation, give recognition, implement best practices, and take disciplinary actions when required
- Communicate all day-to-day production matters with the Production Manager, Customer Service, Quality, and all other personnel
Position Requirements and Qualifications
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in manufacturing
- Must have minimum 4 years of supervisory work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must be willing to work night shifts and rotational shifts
- Good understanding of the plant operations, production, and warehouse functions
- Strong capability to manage day to day business and people challenges
- Strong work ethic, leadership capabilities, and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to coach, train, and direct production personnel
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong knowledge of administrative & operational procedures, work schedules, health & safety, GMP policies, and housekeeping requirements
- Strong communication and computer skills
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
- Are you legally authorized to work in Canada?
- Do you have a minimum of 5 years of experience in manufacturing?
- Do you have a minimum of 4 years of experience in plant/production supervision and personnel management?
Work Location: In person