AFIMAC Canada is actively hiring experienced Forming Operators for assignments throughout Ontario. Your job will involve installation, maintenance & troubleshooting of on-site electrical machinery and equipment.
This position will require you to work 12 hour shifts, 7 days per week when assigned to a project.
*Please read the full job posting and apply on Indeed. Calls to our AFIMAC Head Office will result in your application being denied. After reviewing your resume, we will reach out to qualified individuals VIA email to schedule an interview. *
You will earn:
- $25.00 per hour before overtime
- $37.50 per hour during overtime (after 44 hours a week)
- $30 per day non-taxed meal allowance
- Paid Travel (up to 4 hours)
- Hotel Accommodations Provided (when required)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ability to work autonomously or in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and perform in a variety of manufacturing facets.
- Familiarity and ability to operate Measurex & Cognex – testing equipment
- Ability to mix binder and troubleshoot any binder related issues.
- Interpret SPC Rules on Mean charts and apply corrective actions
- Responsible for packaging and quality checks for each packaging order.
- Perform work in the packaging area from package setup through to the final quality testing/labelling using a DSL (label system)
- Ability to perform startup and shut down duties pertaining to packaging equipment
- Maintain quality checks and ensure proper product identification and weight
- Ability to operate a fork lift and other related material handling machinery
- Ability to work with Wet Chop Machines
- Ensure safe operation of machinery ensuring it is in good working condition and works in accordance to company regulations.
- General plant and equipment cleaning.
- Assist in troubleshooting positional issues related to reliability
- Perform other related duties consistent with the nature of the job
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent
- Min. 1 year experience in a manufacturing environment
- Basic Mechanical understanding
- Ability to work under pressure and make quick decisions
- Attention to detail & strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work on your feet for extended periods of time
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, technical and communication skills
- Fluent command of the English language (both written and verbal)
AFIMAC is a global risk management and elite security company. For more than 30 years, AFIMAC has helped image-conscious companies and organizations across the globe to plan and execute services that mitigate and eliminate risk. AFIMAC prides itself in the long-term partnerships it establishes with clients to protect people and property in times of crisis and in regular business operations.
Contract length: 1-120 days
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $25.00 per hour
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Secondary School (Required)