This is a Full-time (40 hours) permanent position.
Full benefits after 3 months.
Retirement savings fund with employer contribution after 3 months.
Reports to Production Supervisor. The team lead has primary responsibility for overseeing a team of co-pack team members who are manually applying labels on finished goods on a production line, ensuring safety, quality and maximum productivity. Must have prior experience leading a team in a fast-paced production environment.
- Responsible for enforcing safety and quality standards, good manufacturing practices (GMPs) and adherence to job specifications;
- Train, motivate, guide and assist line workers to carry out duties and responsibilities in a safe, standardized, effective and efficient manner;
- Communicate and monitor shift productivity standards to ensure they are met or exceeded;
- Responsible for inspecting assembly lines prior to production to ensure everything used for prior job was properly cleared and that current line set up is correct, with a focus on checking all products and materials that will be used to assemble the job;
- Able to quickly troubleshoot issues and keep production line moving;
- Work in a safe manner. Follow all company and customer standards, in addition to Federal, Provincial and Local regulations for occupational safety;
- Set up production lines, either back-up lines for your shift or lines for the next shift;
- Conduct finished goods counts, reconciliations of products and components, and return to inventory;
- Responsible for all production line documents and records. Assures all records are completed daily and accurately;
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of work areas;
- Willing to help out in other departments during slower periods;
- Other tasks as requested.
- Completed High School Diploma
- Minimum of two (2) years of packaging or manufacturing experience.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
- Organized and shows excellent attention to detail.
- Able to motivate people and must be viewed as a clear and credible communicator.
- Ability to adapt to changes quickly, as well as, work under time pressures.
- Able to stand throughout the day.
- Ability to be flexible in daily work assignments.
- Thorough knowledge and adherence to company policies, procedures, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $21.00 /hour
- production: 2 years (Preferred)
- team lead: 2 years (Preferred)