Job Description: INSTRUCTOR, BUSINESS
FACULTY OF BUSINESS, ENVIRONMENT AND TECHNOLOGY
NorQuesters are difference makers and we’re searching for people dedicated to making a difference to join our Faculty of Business, Environment and Technology team as part-time casual instructors for various business related courses. The successful candidates will thrive in showcasing our values of finding ways forward in teaching and learning environments that are dynamic; being compassionate and creating a sense of belonging for co-workers and our learners; engaging playfulness and creativity in problem solving as we explore new ways of developing course content, evaluating learning outcomes, and engaging learners in the class using technology.
We are seeking a full-time term instructor for Fall 2021 to June 2022.
HOW YOU'LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE*
- Engage learners in the co-creation of knowledge through teaching and learning college level general business courses.
- Explore alternate online teaching and learning modalities such as HyFlex.
- Plan, prepare, and facilitate learning through materials and instructional practices that are in alignment with universal design principles and college values of anti-racism and inclusivity.
- Evaluate the learning outcomes and experience of students through authentic and workforce relevant assessments.
- Attend to student and program records in accordance with College requirements.
- Serve on College committees that support the institutional strategic direction.
- Share your knowledge and expertise and learn from your colleagues in faculty/staff meetings, professional development workshops, and other College functions.
- Actively engage lifelong learning by staying current with developments in your profession through participating in professional organizations and conferences.
WHAT YOU BRING*
- MBA preferred or a related Master’s Degree.
- Workforce relevant experience (strategic management) to enrich the teaching and learning experience.
- Understanding and knowledge of adult learning principles in post-secondary contexts.
- Demonstrated experience working with adult learners of diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated understanding of and respect for diverse academic and cultural backgrounds of learners.
- Demonstrated professional conduct, human relations skills and excellent communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the proven ability to manage multiple tasks at once.
- Ability to work independently and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Committed to active student learning, integrating technology into curriculum and providing engaging lectures.
- Online teaching experience.
WHAT MAKES YOU A DIFFERENCE MAKER*
- Share and exchange knowledge online in motivating and engaging ways
- Engage in inclusive teaching practices
- Connect and collaborate with NorQuest faculty, staff and students
- Cultivate strengths of NorQuest students, faculty, and staff
- Navigate ambiguity
- Bring workforce relevancy into the classroom
SALARY: *Reflective upon what you bring. AKA your education and experience. Plus immediate participate in our health and pension programs. We are seeking a full-time term instructor for Fall 2021 to June 2022.
This is a Faculty role therefore the pay range is quite large, the Faculty Association agreement outlines how pay is determined.
NorQuest College offers flexible work options that include working on campus, working from anywhere or a blend of both!
COMPETITION NUMBER: *2021- 3083
CLOSING DATE: *Open until suitable a candidate is found.
APPLY TO BECOME A NORQUESTER: * If this opportunity delights you and your expertise will shine in this role, we invite you to apply for this position online by uploading your resume and cover letter combined as one document.
PSST: * Only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted and we’ll make sure to do this within 28 days of the closing date.
Difference Makers._* If we were to describe what NorQuest College is, we’d say these two words. We are so fundamentally driven in our mission to make a difference to our students, our community, and to our fellow NorQuesters, that it guides what we do, who we meet, and where we are headed.
So how do we make differences?
- We empower NorQuesters. When it comes to working, it’s up to you to decide where (on campus or from another location) and how you work. NorQuesters are expected to embody our Qs—lead from where you are, be dependable, find ways forward—to name a few, but how you do that is your choice!
- We unlock potential. Whether its newcomers to Canada who want to improve their English, students who want to complete their academic upgrading, learners pursuing post-secondary education, or anyone who wishes to strengthen their skills through professional development, our passion to educate touches people of all levels and all backgrounds.
- We strengthen Alberta. From our graduates who hit the ground running, to our partnerships with government, industry, and business, to our commitment to communities, including a dedicated focus on Indigenous communities, we contribute to our province and make it stronger. We strive to be an employer of choice for First Nations, Metis and Inuit people in Canada by leading, supporting, and being an ally through our work toward decolonization, reconciliation, and Indigenization.
And that’s a snapshot of how we are Difference Makers. But there’s so much more to us and we invite you to explore further!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual