Subsidized staff housing on site ($320 - $530 per month), daily duty meal in our newly-renovated staff cafeteria, Employee Travel and Assistance Programs, benefits, discounts, and more!
Visit WWW.BANFFSPRINGSJOBS.COM to learn more about Canada's "Castle in the Rockies".
Every memorable dining experience at The Fairmont Banff Springs begins behind the scenes with our Food & Beverage team’s commitment to safe and efficient operations. Support a skilled and engaged team as Stewarding Supervisor, where your care and inspection of all flatware, tableware and kitchen equipment will ensure a superior standard.
Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the Chief Steward, responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Lead, teach, coach and inspire a team of up to 90 staff including Stewarding Attendants, Pot Washers, Van Drivers, Outlet Stockers, and Sanitation and Recycling Attendants
- Ensure all Stewarding Colleagues arrive for their scheduled shift punctually and in clean and correct uniform, Following up on any report of tardiness or failure to sign in or out
- Conduct a daily line-up with all colleagues to pass on events and information.
- Review all Kitchen and Banquet Set-ups and ensure that they are completed accurately and on time
- When required, drive the 1-ton delivery van to ensure food and supplies are delivered to the correct location in a timely fashion.
- Conduct Individual Development Discussions, and Performance Reviews as assigned on a Monthly basis.
- Conduct Performance Discussions for Stewarding Colleagues, ensuring that all Progressive Corrective Action forms are completed correctly and forwarded to the Chief Steward.
- Ensure that you complete all duties associated with your assigned Area of Responsibility
- Strive to uphold all hygiene and sanitation regulations, ensuring that all equipment in the kitchens and dishwashing areas are clean and in good working order, being sure to report any deficiencies.
- Enforce a safe work environment for all colleagues and guests by upholding the Safety rules provided by The Fairmont Banff Springs and the Stewarding Department
- Ensure any accident within the Stewarding Department, no matter how small, is documented in an Incident Report, and if needed a Worker’s Compensation Board form, and all forms are forwarded to Human Resources before the 72-hour deadline.
- Foster an environment of cooperation within the department, and between other departments within the hotel, encouraging participation and input from all colleagues, while promoting professional work habits that will ensure that the department is being guided at all times by Fairmont’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous supervisory experience in a fast paced hotel Stewarding Department
- WHMIS Training, Transportation of Dangerous Goods Training
- Computer Skills, including a good knowledge of Word, Excel, and Birch Street
- High School diploma
- Class 5 Drivers License, with a comfort level driving a company vehicle of up to 1-ton
- Updated drivers abstract
- English Competence, written and spoken
- Professional appearance in accordance with Fairmont Standards
Physical Aspects of Position: Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
- Safe use of chemicals
- Ensure proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (provided)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- previous: 1 year (Preferred)