1 Presidents Choice Circle, Brampton, Ontario, L6Y 5S5
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
Taking responsibility for professional support of 4 Vice President's under the Marketing organization - you will thrive in a fast paced, professional environment while taking charge of all scheduling, communication and administration in their office. As the Executive Assistant, you will manage a wide variety of assignments and confidential tasks, primarily from the Brampton office with some travel on occasion. As an excellent communicator, with strong negotiating and influencing skills, you will display professionalism and efficiency in representing the VP's at all time. You will serve as a role model for our Company Values while representing the VP's both internally and externally to all stakeholders.
What You'll Do:
What You'll Need:
- Provide full administrative support to VP's within the Marketing organization
- Manage daily calendar including scheduling of meetings, appointments and booking all travel arrangements (local, national and international when applicable)
- Assists in preparing documents and presentations which are highly confidential in nature
- Compile, design, review and coordinate various materials for PowerPoint presentations
- Maintains and compiles data for reports/charts/graphs/spreadsheets
- Conducts research and summarizes data independently and communicates findings
- Tracks/follows through requests / paperwork (eg. department vacation planner, supplies, preparation and submission of expense reports), and correspondence/emails
- Maintains an organized filing system for easy retrieval of files
- Preparation of all correspondence (letters, memos, presentations) using various software packages
- Coordination of off-sites for the leadership team, including, but not limited to creating agendas, selecting venues, coordinating logistics, and making other necessary arrangements
- Process Forms (eg. new hire set-ups, internal transfers, terminations, ordering computers and telephone equipment)
- Follow up and act as a liaison with various individuals both internally and externally, at all levels of the organization
- Use professional judgment to screen, prioritize and determine actions for incoming calls and inquiries
- Liaise with senior executives and executive assistants throughout the Company in a professional and confidential manner
- Support the department by being the lead contact for inquiries and assuming responsibility for various projects, team initiatives and serving on committees as required
- Organizes special events, meetings, training
- Prepare and reconcile expense reports, credit card statements and reimbursements
- Coordinate advance material for board meetings. Work with other leads to ensure information is gathered, accurate and in a form appropriate for presentation to the board
- Ad hoc assignments as required
How You’ll Succeed:
- A minimum of 5 years’ administrative experience supporting more than one executive
- Previous experience working for a large company in a corporate environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in all aspects of MS Office; with advanced knowledge of Outlook, PowerPoint & Excel
- Approachable with demonstrated ability to interact professionally with people at various levels of an organization
- Excellent customer service orientation, sensitive to client issues and understanding of importance of diplomacy, confidentiality and discretion.
- High level of professionalism and ability to deal effectively with all levels within the organization as well as external contacts
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a deadline driven environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Initiative, strong judgment and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work independently and while supporting a collaborative team environment
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Type of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.