By making customer service and satisfaction their highest priority, Terlin Construction has evolved over more than two decades to become a leader and innovator in full-service construction for the retail, commercial, and institutional sector in Ottawa and across Canada. Terlin is proud of their many achievements and proven track record as the "supplier of choice".
Distinguished by their end-to-end approach and unparalleled reputation for quality and reliability, Terlin’s state-of- the-art facility houses their custom Millwork shop which provides an exclusive focus on the specialized needs of their clients. From design through construction and service, Terlin handles every aspect of interior construction and delivers outstanding and consistent results.
The Terlin Team is a talented and driven group of experts, trades-people, designers, and project managers. In addition to their skilled partners and sub-trades, Terlin’s complete team is made up of close to 200 dedicated individuals – each committed to making customer service and satisfaction their highest priorities. And they are always looking for great people to join their team!
Terlin is currently seeking a fulltime, experienced, and dynamic Site Superintendents to join our growing team. The environment is fast-paced and growth-oriented – ideally suited for individuals who like to take charge and are driven to build on current successes.
As a Site Superintendent, you will collaborate with clients, sub-contractors, and colleagues to ensure the successful delivery of projects. Specifically, the Site Superintendent will be running the day-to-day operations on our commercial and retail construction sites and will be responsible for:
- Ensuring optimal quality on the job site.
- In collaboration with the project management team, will develop, maintain, and drive the construction schedule to ensure construction project milestones and completion dates are met.
- Manage, schedule, and supervise sub-trades and field employees to ensure work is planned and performed efficiently while providing excellent service and a top notch finished product.
- Demonstrate leadership and ensure that projects are built according to approved construction plans, specifications, design drawings, and applicable codes, and that high-quality standards are maintained.
- Maintain a thorough daily report that accurately tracks site progress, events, inspections, and other relevant information.
- Potentially supervise multiple projects at one time.
The successful candidate is a self-starter who possesses excellent communication skills, is extremely organized, detail-oriented, has a positive attitude and a vast knowledge of construction and trades. Qualifications for the position include:
- A minimum of 10 years’ Site Supervisory experience in retail / commercial construction.
- Expertise in reading blueprints.
- Experience with interior fit-ups as well as new commercial building construction.
- Possess highly developed problem solving/decision making skills.
- Have a thorough, hands-on working knowledge of Building Codes.
- Have excellent communication skills and be well-spoken with highly developed listening skills.
- Ability to motivate and manage construction workers effectively.
- Be safety-oriented with a thorough understanding of all requirements and regulations
- Be schedule-oriented with a view to delivering quality finished product on-time and on-budget
- The successful applicant will have up-to-date safety certifications in WHMIS, CSA Supervisors Training, Safety Awareness, First Aid, Working at Heights and Elevated Work Platform.
- Carpentry skills and use of small tools would be a definite asset.
- Travel may be required from time to time - ability to travel nationally.
- Base building experience would be considered an asset.
What Terlin Has to Offer
Terlin offers employees the opportunity to work on innovative projects alongside dynamic, dedicated, and talented teams who possess a strong drive for success.
Their comprehensive benefits package is designed to meet the demands of each individual’s life at work as well as at home. Employees are eligible for coverage under Terlin’s benefit plans and are encouraged to participate in any, or all, of their benefit programs.
Terlin is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity and inclusiveness in their company. To learn more about Terlin Construction Ltd., visit their website at www.terlin.ca .
Do you have the drive, the experience, and the commitment to excellence to be part of the Terlin Team? If you think you have what it takes, and would like to join an organization that offers proven corporate leadership, opportunities for career advancement, great team spirit, and entertaining social events, then let Terlin provide you with an excellent place to work, grow, and excel!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those qualified will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
- Site Superintendent: 5 years (Required)
- Manage construction sites, ensuring that workers adhere to construction plans and safety codes
- Other duties as requested
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place