Sherritt Services offers outsourced medical transcription and billing services to various medical professionals throughout Canada. We are known for exceptional relationships with our clients. We offer our clients peace of mind while delivering prompt and complete service.
We are expanding and currently recruiting independent contractors in Alberta to join our team! Are you an experienced medical billing clerk with a strong work ethic, ability to work independently from home, and have an excellent knowledge of the English language and grammar?
There are many benefits of working from home including: work/life balance with great flexibility with regards to work hours and holidays, ability to work anywhere in Alberta, and no commuting!
- A minimum of 3 years of employment completing specialist or GP medical billing
- Must be knowledgeable with various EMR software
- Secure home office with secure computer
- Strong grasp of Alberta billing rules
- Availability to work part-time with expectations to transition to full-time
- When hired as a contractor the first 3 – 5 months is extensive training that is not paid time
- During training candidate needs to be available during the day
- Once hired must be available to travel at any given time to see physician clients
- Perform medical billing services for clients
- Meeting clients
- Traveling to client sites for information retrieval as well as other business
- Working with the Contractor on projects that are agreed upon
- Meeting with the Contractor regularly to ensure all work is understood and completed in a timely fashion
- The Contractor will periodically review work completed for quality assurance
- Ongoing education sessions
- Other duties agreed and called upon
- Ability to learn a variety of billing and EMR software
- Excellent grammar and punctuation
- Ability to work independently
- High level of self-motivation
If you feel your qualifications and experience match our needs, please submit your cover letter and resume today!
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please!
Job Type: Contract
- medical billing: 1 year (Preferred)