Want to work with kids and have a ton of fun at the same time? If so, our After-Four Counsellor position is perfect for you! The After Four counsellor, as the employee of the Old Ottawa South Community Association (OSCA), is expected to assist in creating, organizing and instructing recreational programs for children and youth at the Firehall and our satellite locations in the Old Ottawa South area.
The program runs from 3 pm-6 pm Monday-Friday.
- Regularly and accurately follow through with policies and procedures as expected, especially with regard to OSCA and the City’s health and safety policy which is clearly outlined in staff training and accessible to all staff.
- Regularly communicates with and advises staff and supervisors of pertinent information
- Follow all cleaning and social distancing guidelines.
- Follow proper attendance and sign out procedures.
- Assist in planning and animating daily activities and ensuring supplies are sufficient.
- Ensure areas are properly cleaned at the end of the day.
- Follows proper discipline procedure which comprises time outs and consequences.
- Ensure all discipline issues are communicated with the After-Four Coordinator
- Ensure all safety procedures – as outlined during staff training – are followed
- Ensure all accidents are properly reported
Requirements for Position
- Standard First Aid, CPR C & AED (May be completed after successful applicants are hired)
- Valid Police Records Check (Only if you are over 18; may be completed after successful applicants are hired)
- Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA) and IASR training completed (May be completed after successful applicants are hired)
- Complete Worker Health and Safety Training (May be completed after successful applicants are hired)
- Availability to work at a minimum of 2 shifts. Shifts are 3 pm-6 pm, Monday-Friday.
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong interest in working with children
- Energetic, yet patient, when dealing with youth;
- Skilled in planning and organizing activities;
- Is able to follow safety precautions when on-site;
- Is able to follow directions and policies, as well as interpret and implement performance feedback in a timely and appropriate manner.
Contract length: 10 months
Part-time hours: 6-15 per week
Application deadline: 2020-08-16
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $13.25-$14.00 per hour
We will be following all Provincial and City of Ottawa guidelines. PPE will be provided. Masks must be worn by all staff. We will have a detailed cleaning schedule.