CASE MANAGER (1 year TERM)
Nature of the position
Reporting to the unit supervisor, and providing services under the CFS Act, the incumbent will be responsible to manage a caseload of families in need of supervision, protection services, and support services to maintain children at home and a caseload of children who are permanent wards of the agency in care, who are in the process of being reunited with their natural or extended family.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Identifies and investigates complaints of neglect or abuse where children are at risk and in need of protection;
- Provides case management and case planning to help families maintain children in their own homes, thereby diverting these children from entering agency alternate care;
- Provides child placement services for children in need of alternate care and maintains culturally appropriate and community connections for each child;
- Provides family reunification services to help children in care safely return to their natural or extended family, thereby exiting agency alternate care;
- Works collaboratively with other team members, community services and other CFS agencies to build a network of aboriginal family support services;
- Completes all file recording, record keeping, and other required administrative duties
- Maintains First Nations or aboriginal community connections for each CIC
- Works collaboratively with Ontario First Nations CFS agencies: to repatriate permanent wards whenever possible and appropriate and to develop extended family and community supports for permanent wards exiting care or being transferred to the Ontario agency;
- Must have BSW or MSW with a minimum of one year direct experience in a mandated child and family agency. Applicants must be eligible for registration with the Manitoba College of Social workers.
- Knowledge of, and ability to apply, aboriginal approaches in working with families and children
- CFSIS experience is a definite asset;
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office applications, data base systems, email and use of the Internet
- A valid Manitoba Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle are required, as the position requires travel within the city and to Ontario First Nations
All hiring is subject to a satisfactory Criminal Records Check and Child Abuse Registry Check
The ability to speak Ojibwa is considered a definite asset. Preference will be given to Indigenous people and applicants are asked to self-declare in their cover letter along with describing how they meet the above qualifications.
We thank all who apply, however, only those that apply in the manner requested and selected for an interview will be contacted. Only applicants that submit a resume, and cover letter will be considered.
Please also reference the competition number # 2019-004.
Applications will be accepted until 4 pm February 18, 2019
Please submit cover letter and resume with references including email addresses.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $53,864.00 /year
- CFS: 1 year (Required)
- social services: 1 year (Required)
- Child Welfare: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Winnipeg, MB (Required)
- BSW (Required)
- MB drivers (Required)