Job title :
HIGH ACUITY RESPONSE NURSE
EK REGIONAL HOSPITAL
RELIEF PART TIME (0.50 FTE)
Do you have outstanding critical care clinical skills and an excellent ability to communicate with patients and team members? Are you a critical thinker, able to maintain confidentiality while juggling multiple priorities and tasks? If the answer is “yes” than Interior Health invites you to be a part of our leading health care organization. We are looking for a High Acuity Response Team (HART) Nurse to join us at East Kootenay Regional Hospital.
As a HART Nurse you will provide inter-facility transportation for patients requiring advanced life support (ALS) or critical care management from the rural sites to facilities providing a higher level of care. This critical care transport team covers the East Kootenay catchment area, from Creston to the west, Golden to the north and Fernie to the east and at times to Calgary for tertiary services. When not on transport, HART Nurses provide in-facility support to critical care patients at East Kootenay Regional Hospital. Critical care transport specialty education is provided by Interior Health. This is a Relief Part Time (0.50 FTE) position that is expected to end on May 14, 2022 or until the return of incumbent.
If you like a challenge when you work and choices when you play, Interior Health is the place for you! Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others. Apply Today!
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Successful completion of an accredited critical care training course and/or certificate, a minimum of three years recent related experience caring for critically ill/injured patients including experience performing inter-facility patient transfers; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. • Successful completion of an accredited trauma course such as Transport Nurse Advanced Trauma Course, International Trauma Life Support Course (ITLS), Trauma Nursing Care Course (TNCC), Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support Course (PHTLS); or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support
- Current valid BC Driver’s License.
- ACLS, PALS, NRP, ACORN, ENPC required but Interior Health provides opportunity for in-house training and renewals of these courses.