For more than half a century, British Columbians have chosen IGA for a friendly face and good food. We’re a hub of community life and today, a place with fresh and revitalized energy, ready to be the grocery store of choice for shoppers. We are simple goodness.
The Cashier is responsible for carrying out the full range of duties of the position in a professional, responsible, accurate and timely fashion. The Cashier will deliver exceptional customer service, foster customer loyalty, fulfill customer needs and actively contribute to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
Reporting to the Front End Manager, your duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Recipe for Success
- Brings a positive attitude each every day
- Perform basic math functions to collect payments and make change
- Operate registers, scanners, scales and credit card/debit card terminals
- Memorize product locations throughout the store and be able to direct customers or make suggestions
- Handle exchanges and refunds in a quick, efficient manner
- Collect payments and bag purchases for customers
- Maintain accurate cash drawer
- Take a tally of the funds in the cash register when required during a shift and produce transaction reports
- Keep the checkout area clean and orderly
- Performing any additional duties assigned by the Department Managers
- You have an impeccable level of cleanliness, attention to detail and organization
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and adapt well to shifting priorities
- You are highly self-motivated and work well under minimal supervision
- You possess strong customer service skills
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- You work well with others in a high-pressure environment
- You have 1+ years of experience working in a Front End Department or related field
- You have a valid work authorization in Canada
The pleasure in our work comes from delivering a familiar experience that gives our customers exactly what they want, time and time again. If there’s a product that our customers wouldn’t put on their shelves, they won’t find it on ours. We put the team in teamwork so that everyone is here to support each other and make the most of a job well done. Together we’ll keep groceries uncomplicated and easy for our customers, quite simply… simple.
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest and advice that only those considered for the position will be contacted.
Part-time hours: 20-30 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- sales: 1 year (preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (required)