The Municipality of Brockton invites qualified applicants for the full-time position of Tax Collector/Deputy Treasurer. The Tax Collector/Deputy Treasurer requires strong accounting, administrative, and communication skills with knowledge of municipal government processes.
This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer, will interact with all staff across the organization including interaction with the Senior Management Team as necessary.
The Tax Collector/Deputy Treasurer is responsible for performing the statutory duties of the Tax Collector and the Deputy Treasurer as described in the Municipal Act; to perform all duties associated with the billing and collection of taxes and other revenues; acts in the absence of the Treasurer, and provides financial support for the operations of the municipality, as necessary.
Candidates must have superior financial knowledge, and be able to work well with residents and employees, be self-motivated, flexible, exhibit superior time management capabilities have excellent written/oral communication and computer skills.
- Responsible as Tax Collector for the property tax billing and collection processes
- Assisting in the preparation of the annual Financial Information Return and Financial Statements
- Prepare the year end working paper file including the preparation of various working papers and backup to facilitate the year end audit
- Responsible for the computerized Municipal Payroll system-Ceridian
- Qualified candidates will have a minimum post-secondary degree/diploma in Accounting/Business
- A minimum of three (3) years relevant experience in municipal financial administration, in a position of Tax Collector, Deputy Treasurer or Senior Financial Clerk
- Minimum of two years experience in Payroll administration is considered an asset
- AMCTO Municipal Accounting & Finance Program (MFAP) is considered an asset
- AMTCO Municipal Tax Administration Program (MTAP) is considered an asset
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office, experience in computer field to provide technical support to users
- Excellent organizational oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Keystone or similar municipal software
A copy of the job task list is available by visiting www.brockton.ca/careers.
Salary Range: $68,000-$80,000
A comprehensive health benefits package and OMERS pension.
If you are looking for an opportunity to be progressive, innovative and supportive in a leadership role please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to the undersigned by 4:30 PM Friday, September 27, 2019 via e-mail or regular mail. It should be noted that only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Julie Farrell, Human Resources Generalist
100 Scott St., Box 68
WALKERTON, Ontario N0G 2V0
The Municipality of Brockton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Municipality of Brockton will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the Municipality of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $68,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year