The incumbent will:
- Clean, sanitize, dust, vacuum and mop resident and non-resident areas
- Replenish sanitation supplies as needed
- Transport equipment, furnishing, supplies and resident belongings as needed
- Perform grounds maintenance as assigned
- Perform minor maintenance and repairs to building and equipment as needed
- Participate in the preventative maintenance program for the building and physical plant
- Perform routine building monitoring functions such as temperature checks and locking/unlocking of doors
- Perform all laundry functions as required
The successful applicant will possess:
- Partial high school or equivalent
- Valid Ontario Class "G" Driver's Licence and a clean driver's abstract
- Previous maintenance experience in a long term care environment is preferred
- Demonstrated compliance with safe work practices
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to follow both oral and written instructions
- Physical ability to perform the essential duties of the job
An equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered.
Maintenance Worker 1 Salary Information
- The hourly rate range for this position is $24.44 to $25.54.
Conditions of Employment
The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check dated within two (2) months from date of hire. Additionally, tuberculosis screening and proof of immunization will be required in accordance with the LTCH Act (O.Reg. 79/10). Proof of education, qualifications and any other job bona fide requirements will also be collected.
External Application Process
Come find a home where exciting and rewarding careers are balanced with your lifestyle. We thank all applicants; however, only those being considered will be contacted. Please apply online (www.durham.ca) no later than midnight on the closing date indicated on the Job Posting.
The Region of Durham is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity and you require accommodation, or if this information is required in an accessible format, please contact us and a Consultant will provide appropriate assistance pursuant to the Region's Accommodation and Accessibility policies. Please note that resumes should not be sent to RecruitingHelp@durham. ca.
Follow us on Twitter! www.twitter.com/regionofdurham
Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/regionofdurham
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $24.89 to $25.99 /hour
- housekeeping: 1 year (Preferred)
- laundry: 1 year (Preferred)
- cleaning: 1 year (Preferred)