Since 1888 McDonough has been an industry leader in the development and manufacture of new machinery technologies for the sawmill industry around the world. Superior engineering and machine design have created high demand for our machinery and we are happy to be expanding our manufacturing capacity once again.
We currently have a career opportunity as Welder/Fitting/Fabrication Associatewith McDonough Canada at our Mactaquac, New Brunswick location.
Applicants for this position will be required to assist in the success of McDonough Canada by:
- Reading blueprints, locating materials or parts and organizing their assembly/fitting process per drawings and/or verbal instructions
- Operating stick and wire feed welders
- Operating a burn table
- Operating a metal hack saw or abrasive cut-off saw
- Operating a drill press
- Operating a forklift, overhead crane or jib crane safely
- Use disc grinder to smooth out welds or grind parts prior to welding.
- Pneumatic and Hydraulic plumbing experience
- Electrical wiring experience
- Position and clamp work pieces together or assemble them in a jig fixture.
- Preparing work pieces for paint
- Applying paint using pneumatic paint applicators
- Efficient and proper assembly of purchased components to machinery including but not limited to sprockets, shafts, hydraulic and electrical components, chain, belts, tensioner units, rollers, chain run liner, bushings etc.
- Maintaining a clean work environment
Education Requirements - Experience and Skills
Applicants for this position should have the following credentials and/or equivalent experience.
- 1 to 5 years experience as a fitter or welder in a production environment
- Experience with a variety of welders
- Experience with a variety of hand tools and metal fabrication shop equipment
- CWB and/or ASME welding qualifications
- Additional certifications in machining an asset
- Knowledge of applicable safety standards and a willingness to work safely and wear all PPE
McDonough Canada provides a competitive compensation and benefit package in addition to a bonus program based on our production team's success.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 to $30.00 /hour
- machinery assembly/maintenance: 2 years (Preferred)
- mig welding: 2 years (Preferred)