Our Kids Count empowers individuals to build stronger families and inclusive communities by enhancing people’s lives through personal growth and development.
As part of the OKC team, the Community Support Worker (CSW) will:
- provide opportunities for families in need of support to identify their needs and to develop strategies to respond to those needs within a community development model.
- promote the development of leadership and peer helper skills and provide the necessary support enabling peers to practise and carry out these new skills.
- be under the supervision of the program manager but will be expected to work independently with clear guidelines defining their role.
OKC involves families in all aspects of program planning, implementation and evaluation.
A more detailed job description is available at the main office or on our website www.ourkidscount.ca
Please submit your letter of application with two references to:
Phone: 623-0292 EXT. 229 Fax: 623-1530
CLOSING DATE March 22nd , 2019 4pm
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.80 /hour
- Social work: 1 year (Preferred)
- social work or related: 2 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Thunder Bay, ON (Preferred)