About CMHA Grey Bruce Mental Health & Addiction Services
CMHA’s Addiction Services provide community-based addiction services for individuals and families affected by substance abuse and/or problem gambling. We also provide addiction services for people with concurrent mental health and addiction problems. The program is based in Owen Sound and extends regular outreach to seven other communities throughout Grey and Bruce Counties.
We are inviting applications for an Addiction Court Support Worker/Counsellor, based in Owen Sound.The worker will provide court support/liaison and clinical services for eligible individuals with substance abuse issues who have come into contact with the Justice system. Clinical duties include screening, assessment and treatment planning, consultation, community treatment and case management. The position may also involve some community work, including educational presentations. The position involves regular travel within Grey-Bruce. Work hours are somewhat variable, and some evening work may be required.
- 4-year Degree in Applied Health or Social Sciences with clinical training in assessment and counselling
- Membership in a regulated professional college/association is required.
- Minimum 3 years recent and relevant clinical experience in community addiction treatment
- Knowledge of the Justice System and related legislation would be an asset
- Sound clinical judgment and strong assessment and treatment skills
- Demonstrated skill in working with individuals, families and groups
- Clinical training and proficiency in the use of motivational interviewing and CBT
- Clinical training and experience related to concurrent disorders and the adult mental health system is an asset
- Excellent organizational and relationship skills
- Advanced communication skills, including public presentation and writing skills
- Ability to work well with community and professional groups
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers for word processing (Word), email and data entry
- Experience in rural service delivery would be an asset
- This position requires a valid driver’s licence, use of a personal vehicle and a criminal records check, including a vulnerable sector screening
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,313.00 to $66,573.00 /year
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)