Inntegrated Hospitality Management Ltd. is searching for an experienced Hotel Controller for one of its clients, Halcyon Hot Springs Resort; a year-round 44 unit resort located on highway 23 S, 30 minutes north of Nakusp, BC. Guest amenities include the healing waters of the hot springs pools, a full service Spa, the Kingfisher Restaurant and Lounge and meeting/banquet space. This unique property, on upper Arrow Lake in the West Kootenay's of BC, offers a distinctive opportunity for an outdoor enthusiast in a recreation setting. This full time position is available immediately.
- The Controller is responsible for the accounting and internal controls function at Halcyon Hot Springs.
- He/she coordinates and generates the yearly budget and any interim updates as business conditions and ownership require.
- Responsible for the timely generation of all Financial Information and reports.
Values, Attitude & Principles
- Hands on and is a leader in fostering a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Analytical and detail oriented.
- Honest, reliable, cooperative with the highest ethical standards.
- Provides feedback and suggestions to improve the Resort and the business’s overall financial performance.
- Excellent verbal, listening, and written communication skills.
- Organized with an eye for detail.
- Pro-active and works to deadlines.
- Self starter and independent.
- Flexibility & patience.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment requiring multitasking and problem-solving.
- Minimum 3rd or 4th year CPA student level of education OR extensive experience specifically in a hotel finance role.
- Experience in a hotel or resort environment an asset.
- Diversity of Accounting/Office experience within the hospitality industry.
- Systems proficiency, inclusive of MS Office, accounting programs and property management system(s).
- Competency in accounting principles – Payroll, A/P, A/R and Auditing.
- F&B Operating experience/familiarity is an asset.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 5 years (Required)
- controller: 3 years (Required)
- Nakusp, BC (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)