Escape Manor is opening a massive new dining, cocktail and gaming lounge in the heart of downtown Ottawa. The 11,000 square foot, 600-person capacity Manor Lounge and Escape Manor hybrid location will have upscale casual dining, scratch cocktails, craft beer, games, puzzles, escapes, a Bocce court and a whole new gamified way to experience darts. The Manor is seeking top talent to usher this new offering into the roaring twenties of human reconnection.
The Manor Lounge will offer full lunch and dinner as well as late-night services and will host multiple group functions and events. Delectable shareables, surprise & delight features and group menus will impress and wow the 60-seat lounge, 40-seat parlour, 20-seat bar and the 100-seat patio.
Escape Manor is putting the fun back into hospitality and needs a fantastic dedicated and hardworking individuals to join our dream team!
As a Bartender/Server with Escape Manor, you will be an ambassador for the exceptional service and fun that is to be expected from our one-of-a-kind lounge experience. Your warm, attentive guest service, passion for mixology or combination of both are worth raising a glass to!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the FOH Manager, and General Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Leads the Team in always performing at the highest standards.
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service.
- Assists guests regarding all beverage menu items in an informative and helpful way.
- Mix drinks and participate in inventory control measures.
- Participates in the creation of new drinks and sales strategy.
- Responsible for making sure service to guests is delivered in accordance with Escape Manor Service Standards at all times.
- Manage billing according to procedures and responsible for carrying petty cash.
- In charge of reporting any maintenance of the workplace needed and of its adjacent areas on a daily basis.
- Be an ambassador for Escape Manor and maintain a professional and neat appearance.
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage.
- Always have full knowledge of beverage lists and promotions.
- Always have full knowledge of all menu items, garnishes, contents and preparation methods.
- Have full knowledge of all lounge activations and game add-ons
- Assist guests regarding escape room and axe throwing experiences and booking
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous bartending/serving experience required
- Excellent knowledge of all beverage products
- Previous point of sale system experience an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Smart Serve Certification required
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
If this sounds like the role for you we'd love to hear from you! Apply today!
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 30-40 per week
Salary: From $16.55 per hour
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
- Flexible schedule
- 10 hour shift
- 4 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Serving: 2 years (preferred)
- Bartending: 2 years (required)
Work Location: In person