Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL) is 100% owned by Prince Edward Island's dairy farmers. We are a farmer-owned co-operative with dairy processing and retail food service distribution facilities throughout
PEI. Founded in 1953, ADL has 70 years of providing Islanders with diverse and meaningful employment.
ADL is one of the province's largest food processors, with markets across Canada and the world.
Working for ADL means working in direct support of PEI's dairy industry. We are pleased to offer students opportunities to gain experience in food production, customer service, inventory management, warehouse logistics, and more.
Summer Student Position
Looking for a summer job that's both fun and rewarding? ADL is seeking motivated and reliable students to join our team for the upcoming summer season! ADL has been providing excellent work experiences for students for many years, with many students returning year after year. Check out the following exciting opportunity:
As a cheese production worker at ADL, you’ll be part of a team that prioritizes food safety and works together to ensure our dairy products meet the highest standards. You’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues from different backgrounds and learn from experienced professionals, all while contributing to the high-quality products enjoyed by people all over the world. With cross-training opportunities in several departments, you’ll gain valuable skills and experience that can help you in your future career.
- Safe and efficient operation of production equipment.
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures (SOP’s) in detail without deviation.
- Follow all established GMP’s and Food Safety Requirements.
- Follow all established occupational health and safety procedures.
- Cross-training for several departments.
- Accurately and neatly complete production records and documents.
- Work collaboratively with co-workers and other department personnel.
- Other related duties as required.
- Previous experience in a HACCP certified food production setting is preferred.
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment which includes but not limited to noise, changing temperatures, standing/walking/bending/stooping/climbing stairs, maneuvering round manufacturing equipment constantly throughout the shift.
- Experience working with chemicals, wearing personal protective equipment and following approved chemical handling procedures would be an asset.
- Physical lifting up to 70-lbs frequently throughout the shift.
- Shift flexibility. This is a 24/7 manufacturing facility. Shift lengths up to 12 hours per day. These shifts can be days, evenings, or nights and also include working weekends and holidays.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $19.43 per hour
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Summerside, PE: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person