Location: Bailey Metal Products limited - Concord, Ontario
Department: Customer Service
Reports to: National Customer Service Manager
Founded in 1950 by Sam Bailey, The Bailey Group of Companies (BGC) is a family owned and operated Canadian company recognized as an industry leader. With manufacturing locations in Ontario, Quebec, Alberta, and British Columbia, the BGC has grown tremendously over the past 70+ years, producing roll-formed products and providing steel slitting services for the commercial and residential construction industry. Our people, products and industry are our pride while innovation and our customers are at the core of our business. Our associates are the key to achieving our vision of being the leaders in this industry, which is why we work hard to create a safe and healthy work environment where associates can achieve growth and development. Apply now, for this exciting opportunity!
Why Join Our Team?
- Market competitive remuneration package
- Employer paid comprehensive benefit package
- RRSP matching program
- Education support program
- On the job training
- Employee referral program
- Personal protective equipment allowance
The Customer Service Specialist is responsible for serving customers in person as well as via email and telephone with respect and professionalism. Accountable for dealing with customer issues, inquiries, and processing transactions. The Representative understands his/her role as a company ambassador and provides a positive experience to all customers.
What you’ll do:
- Answer phones quickly, professionally, courteously, and direct incoming calls to appropriate individuals.
- Record and enter customer purchase orders received via phone or email, quickly, accurately, courteously, and professionally.
- Field and respond to inquiries regarding products, service, pricing, lead time, delivery, returns, and complaints.
- Research and resolve customer problems, acting as the customer liaison between other company departments when necessary.
- Understand and emphasize product features and benefits.
- Handle inbound, unsolicited prospect calls and convert them into sales.
- Review customer purchase orders and identify opportunities for upselling.
- Manage a specific customer base or product segment as assigned providing complete customer service.
Establish and maintain relationships within the assigned account base and with outside sales force.
What you’ll need:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Must have exceptional organizational skills and written and verbal communication skills.
- High attention to detail
- Self-Starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Bilingual (French) is an asset.
- Customer service experience (ideally in manufacturing) is an asset.
- Experience using SAP within the manufacturing industry is strongly preferred.
- A bachelor’s degree is an asset.
- Experience in building materials or construction is a strong asset.
- Office environment – Hours of work: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Some overtime as required.
- Travel as required.