Canadian Base Operators Inc. (CBO)is a performance based contractor providing facilities management, operations and logistic support services to the Canadian Department of National Defence (DND) and commercial clients.
For the Canadian Forces we provide a full range of services for all aspects of facility maintenance and logistic support, including specialized military functions. For our commercial clients, we offer operations and maintenance services tailored to specific or unique requirements in urban areas, industrial sites, airfields or remote installations.
At this time, we require a Front Desk Clerk (Part-time) to work weekendsat our Meaford, Ontario location.
Operating under the direction of the Front Desk Supervisor, perform duties associated with the position of Front Desk Clerk. Work will take place Saturdays and Sundays, with a day shift (7am-3pm) and an evening shift (3pm-11pm). Clear written and verbal communications skills are required. The successful candidate will be reliable and be able to work with minimum supervision and tolerate periods of minimum activity. He/she will also be required to perform other skilled and unskilled tasks related to the job to assure continuous operation by our client.
Essential Job Functions
- Check customers in/out of accommodations and maintain meal card database
- Respond to customer requests/questions and respond to alarms/emergencies
- Maintain CardLock and Meal Card systems
- Provide excellent customer service, show a pleasant attitude and have a presentable appearance
- Keep work spaces and general areas clean, orderly and hazard free
- Wear personal protective equipment
- Physical work including, but not limited to, lifting, pulling, pushing and carrying heavy objects, including bundles of linen, furniture, etc.
- Communicate clearly and professionally with the customer – both verbally and in writing
- Some overtime may be required
Minimum Qualifications & Training
- Hold a valid drivers licence, class “G”
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Intermediate computer skills including some knowledge of MS Office suite.
- Assets include knowledge of military rank structure and previous experience in accommodations type environment.
- Must already hold a Reliability Status Clearance or be eligible to obtain one. Appropriate security clearance by the Canadian Industrial Security Directorate is a condition of employment.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume outlining how you meet the qualifications stated above. All applications will be accepted on an equal basis. We thank all applicants, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please forward your application to:
Jennifer Bender, Human Resources Representative
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Type: Part-time
- front desk: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)