INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING (Job Posting # 2020- 14)
TITLE: Day Program Counsellor
POSITION STATUS: Full Time – Temporary (Union)
SCHEDULE: Monday to Friday- 7:00am – 3:00pm (flexibility required as needed)
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
The Bob Rumball Canadian Centre of Excellence for the Deaf (BRCCED) is a provincial leader in the Deaf community.
Our Programs support Deaf, Hard of Hearing, and Deafblind adults some of whom have complex behavioural, developmental and/or mental health diagnoses. This position is responsible for the daily activities of the program, and will work with the Program Manager and the Milton Day Program team to ensure the highest quality of care and services for everyone we serve.
This position is a temporary role, with the possibility of extension.
- Ensure that activities and daily support approaches are in accordance with agency mission, vision, values, strategic direction and policies with a goal of ensuring the highest quality of care
- Ensure person-centered quality service, and achievement of program and individual service goals
- Administer medications consistent with Organization’s policies & procedures
- Consistently comply with clinical and program plans including daily activity schedule
- Implement ISP/PDP goals; track & report on progress
- Promote an evidence-based, best practice approach to care
- Advocate on behalf of individuals and their specific needs/goals
- Understand and be able to work with Behavioural Support Plans, PRN’s and medical protocols
- Work collaboratively with team and individual’s service team; dedicating one-self to excellent service
- Utilize community resources & liaise with community members
- Documentation – communication logs, reports, etc.
- Teach, coach, mentor – life skills, daily activity schedules and community involvement
- Plan, execute and oversee multiple program activities with clients
- Versatility to work with many different client groups that have a wide variety of interests
- Diploma in Human Services related field or three (3) years’ experience working in a residential setting with Consumers with developmental disabilities, mental health needs and/or dual diagnosis
- Knowledge and experience working within the deaf community and fluency in ASL
- Knowledge and experience working with clinical professionals as it relates to mental health and/or behavioural needs
- Demonstrated knowledge of Ontario Review Board orders
- Demonstrated leadership, creative problem solving abilities; good judgement and critical thinking, with the ability to take charge in a group setting.
- Excellent communication, literacy and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and experience with report writing and data entry
- Demonstrated skills with decision-making in crisis situation
- Knowledge and experience with program planning
- Experience managing nutritional needs of clients
- Demonstrated innovation, initiative and integrity
- Knowledge and experience in developing Daily Activity Schedules
- Demonstrated experience in computer literacy (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Valid Ontario Full G Driver’s License and clean driving record
- French language/LSQ an asset
Interested candidates please email resume to: Human Resources
Please contact the above if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process.
PLEASE QUOTE JOB POSTING NUMBER YOU ARE APPLYING FOR.
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posting Date: January 28, 2020 Closing Date: February 10, 2020 Start Date: Immediate
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
- American Sign Language (Preferred)