Applications Analyst - Technology Services
Permanent Full Time
There’s never been a better time to join Mackenzie Health! Mackenzie Health’s two hospitals — Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital and Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital — and our community-based locations provide the ultimate in care to our community. We have opportunities available. Ultimately, this is where you want to be.
The Application Analyst will be responsible for collaboratively working with hospital stakeholders to design, implement, support and operationalize technical integrations and applications for the two hospital sites. This role will work closely with internal and external project groups by evaluating business needs and gathering requirements while promoting interoperability between hospital different systems and platforms. The Application Analyst will provide specialized technical and business knowledge to projects and contribute to the development, maintenance, support, and optimization of hospital integrated smart technology systems. Proven communication and problem-solving skills with knowledge of solution development and integration best practices are critical to successful performance in this role.
Contribute to safe, quality care by
- Work with internal and external teams on all phases of application lifecycle including requirement gathering, analysis, solution design, implementation, integration, testing, user training, support and maintenance.
- Provide application expertise for integration points between connected hospital systems and applications.
- Work with project teams and functional programs to understand functional and non-functional requirements and current workflows.
- Coordinate application and integration acceptance tests and support clinical commissioning activities to ensure the quality of deliverables and adherence to business needs.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve application related issues in a timely manner.
- Follow the best practices for solution development and testing process to ensure high-quantity products.
- Assist in evaluating new products, solutions and technologies to test the feasibility and performance and make recommendations.
- Monitor and assess technical risks and act accordingly to explore options, consult and build agreement among various internal and external parties to resolve complex issues.
- Create design and implementation documents, user manuals, training material, support and operational procedures.
- Participate and contribute to the change management, user training, service transition processes and on-call.
What must you have?
- University degree in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent required.
- IT industry certification and continuous training of current technology are required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive experience in IT and/or healthcare industry.
- Extensive experience in implementing, supporting and maintaining large scale and complex systems in healthcare.
What else do you bring?
- Working knowledge of interface and integration methodology (HL7, SOAP, Web Service, DICOM, FHIR etc.), database (SQL or Oracle), and programming languages (PHP, C#, Python, or Java).
- Basic experience in the analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of PowerApps
- Familiar with Microsoft Azure, Office365
- Working experience with RTLS Systems, Building Automation Systems, Access Control, Vocera, Cetani, Nurse call.
- Working experience with EMRs, interface engines, clinical applications, and device integration an asset.
- Working experience with integration of cross-functional applications between different business units and systems.
- Working knowledge of business and technical requirements analysis, business process modelling and methodology development, and data mapping.
- Working experience in implementation of large scale and complex system integration in the healthcare sector.
- Good understanding of risk management, privacy, e-safety, and quality assurance methodologies as they relate to integration/software engineering.
- Good understanding of hospital operations and workflows.
- Excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Able to adopt modern information technology and systems and an enthusiastic adopter of new and novel technology solutions.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring and values – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
- You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health