Constituency Assistant – Toronto City Councillor
We're looking for a Constituency Assistant to join the office of City Councillor Jaye Robinson (Ward 15 - Don Valley West) and Chair of the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC).
The Constituency Assistant will report to the Manager of Outreach and Constituency, and support the Councillor with constituency concerns, local communications, and public inquiries. The successful candidate will work closely with internal and City staff to determine appropriate actions and responses.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) and attention to detail;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Experience managing diverse projects and responsibilities concurrently;
- Resourcefulness, dynamism and problem-solving; and,
- The ability to work independently without direction and as part of a team.
Education: Minimum Requirement – Bachelor's Degree
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as a front-line staff in managing day-to-day inquiries from residents.
- Provide constituency outreach and strategic planning. Monitor current issues that may have an impact on the constituency.
- Correspond with relevant City staff to ensure resident concerns are addressed in a timely manner.
- Ensure the Councillor is prepared with the required briefing material for local events and meetings.
- Work with the Manager of Outreach and Constituency to prepare both digital and hard-copy constituency newsletters and other local communications.
- Act as a liaison between the Councillor and local stakeholders.
- Ensure all correspondence with constituents and City staff is recorded and logged in the internal database.
The position is full-time and starts immediately.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis beginning immediately. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Customer service: 1 year (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19