We are a land development company seeking a highly organized & capable individual to join our team in the role of development coordinator/ project manager. The ideal candidate will have background and experience in construction, land development, and urban planning. The role requires flexibility to work both at a desk and in the field, reviewing and monitoring progress on site. This person will be responsible for coordination of all activities on site including oversight of construction crew, consultants, and contractors involved throughout all stages of the development process.
- Involvement in all stages of land development process, from land acquisition, through approval process, servicing, and assumption.
- Direct and manage engineering and planning consultants to obtain development approvals in a timely manner, ability to review and comment on their reporting.
- Responsible for site plan design, material takeoffs, quantities and ordering
- Tendering all aspects of construction projects, managing all construction contracts.
- Scheduling construction activities over long and short terms, and maintaining timelines and important benchmarks in the development process
- Responsible for compiling short monthly task lists, procuring relevant construction materials, and directing site crews
- Consistent monitoring of sites to track remedial works required and adjusting work plans
- Responsible for completing all site plan requirements prior to assumption
- Knowledge of land development site servicing, home building, and general construction
- Ability to manage multiple construction sites and projects concurrently
- Ability to see tasks through from conception to completion
- Systematic tracking of all project works following budgets and schedules
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Excel, Reading Site Plans, and Understanding of Surveying and Estimating
- Confident, hardworking, responsible
- Able to work in both an office and construction site environment
- Ability to clearly communicate knowledge and opinions to direct owners in decision making
- Must hold a valid driver’s license
- Previous experience in Ontario in Land Development is an asset
- Education in Construction, Engineering, Planning is an asset
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
- project management: 5 years (preferred)