EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT CASUAL SUPPLY LIST
We are accepting applications from qualified applicants for our Educational Assistant Supply List to fill in for absent Educational Assistants on an as-needed basis and for short-term, temporary positions in both the Elementary and Secondary English and French Immersion Programs. The Board requires Educational Assistants to work in all geographical areas of the Board including North Wellington, Centre Wellington, Guelph, Orangeville and Shelburne. Educational Assistants must possess willingness, along with the physical ability, to work with all of our students who have many diverse needs.
$25.06 per hour plus vacation pay. While there is no guarantee of hours per week as this is a casual position; a casual employee with full availability could work full-time (up to 32.5 hours per week) depending on need.
Casual EA Supply List employees with the Board may have opportunity to apply for vacant permanent or long-term positions as they arise over external Board applicants.
Educational assistants work with students with many diverse needs. This work provides support for the behaviour, safety, medical and physical needs of a student. Duties may include lifting, toileting, positioning and transferring children and equipment and application of BMS. Educational assistants work with students both individually and/or in a group setting.
Preference will be given to candidates who have the following qualifications:
- Educational Assistant Diploma, and/or a combination of formal education and work experience deemed equivalent by the Board
- Post-Secondary Degree in a related field of study
- A valid Behaviour Management Systems certification is considered an asset
- Proven ability and recent experience in working with students with special needs and behavioural disabilities is strongly preferred and school-based experience is a definite asset
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Training
- Lifting/Positioning Training
- Flexibility, patience, empathy and the ability to work closely with students with complex needs, classroom teacher, parents and Administration
- Candidates must be capable of performing the essential physical duties of the position, such as lifting, positioning and transferring children and equipment and utilizing BMS techniques where required
- Access to a reliable method of transportation and ability to attend specific schools
HOW TO APPLY:
Please include the pieces outlines in the steps below to submit your application and specify ‘Job Code 19EASPA49’ in the subject line:
1. Complete and submit the Educational Assistant Employment Application form located on our website at: https://www.ugdsb.ca/ea-application-form-10/
2. Submit a personal resume that is no longer than 2 pages in length (only a resume; no cover letter and no references)
3. Submit any relevant supporting educational and/or training documentation including your Behaviour Management Systems certificate (if you have obtained it)
Please note: Successful external candidates will be required to provide an original Criminal Record Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Screening, prior to the commencement of employment. The CRC must be dated within 6 months of the date of acceptance of employment.
Interviews for the Educational Assistant Supply List will be conducted on an ongoing basis. While we thank all applicants for their interest, we wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accommodations are available during all phases of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance to the Manager of Wellness and Employee Health.
The Upper Grand District School Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information and other employment opportunities available, please visit our website at www.ugdsb.ca
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $25.06 /hour