Family owned, local, community-based, leading school bus company is training and hiring part-time School Bus Drivers.
Part-time Mon-Friday Starting in September at $18.50 hrly
(Recruitment and retention Bonus Offered Now.)
This could be the opportunity you’ve been seeking.
This is the perfect opportunity for you. AM/PM routes, on-call and spare driver positions are available. Field Trip, Charter and Excursion work is optionally available as well. As a Part-time School Bus Driver, you can earn a steady income supplement without having to work nights, weekends, holidays or school breaks.
- Professional experience is not required. We provide FREE training.
- We are most interested in hiring dependable, caring people, who like dealing with the public, helping children, giving back to their community and who are truly committed to SAFETY.
- Many of our drivers are:
Stay-at-home Moms & Dads
- Realtors and other people with flexible home-based businesses
- Shift workers looking for supplemental income
- First Responders
- Pilots & Flight Attendants
- Taxi drivers
- Transit drivers
- Seasonal workers
- Conduct pre-trip and post-trip inspections of vehicle
- Communicate with passengers, schools, dispatchers &/or other drivers
- Drive school buses to transport children between school and home &/or on field trips & charters
- Ensure children's safety when boarding and leaving buses and crossing street while bus is stopped
- Maintain control of student activities during travel to prevent distractions or behaviours that could compromise safety
- Solid Customer Service Skills and Experience
- Age 21 or over
- Valid Class "G" or higher Driver’s Licence
- Clean driver's abstract
- Medical examination
- Clean criminal record check / vulnerable sector screening
Locations in York Region including Newmarket & Vaughan, Collingwood, Alliston and Barrie.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18.50 /hour