Canavac Systems Inc. is a leading manufacturer of central vacuum cleaners located in Stratford. We are looking to add an energetic, organized and team oriented Receiver/Material Handler to our team in January of 2020.
In this position, you will be responsible for receiving, inspecting and storing all inbound product as well as ensuring that our various departments are kept stocked for the daily production. You will be required to communicate with various departments to efficiently coordinate the flow of materials and finished goods into and out of the production process.
Duties / Essential Functions
- Safely and continuously operate a propane forklift
- Responsible for receiving and inspecting a variety of products according to detailed packing slips and FIFO method.
- Perform inventory counts and cycle counts when required.
- Ensures that all products are moved and stored in a safe manner
- Manage priorities and tasks efficiently, with an ever-changing schedule
- Keep track of all receiving documentation.
- Drive forklift or use pallet jacket to move product to the proper destination point.
- Keep assembly lines stocked with required parts.
- Maintain stock locations.
- Organize and maintain storage areas
- Lead year end physical inventory count
- Backup Shipper
Skills, Experience and Educational Requirements
- Completion of High school
- Current Forklift Operator Certification preferred but not required
- 2+ years related experience in a shipping/receiving position.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in computers including printers, email, internet, and Microsoft Office.
- Strong Mathematical skills.
- Flexible and team orientated individual
- Ability to handle repetitive physical demands (ie lifting up to 50lbs).
- Ability to multi task in a fast paced environment under pressure with ability to prioritize.
- Exceptional communication and people skills.
- Adherence to strict confidentiality.
- Must have excellent attention to detail
What We Can Offer You
- Interesting and challenging work and projects
- Opportunity to see and be involved with our products from start to finish
- Competitive Wages
- Straight day shift Monday to Friday
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. We thank you for your application!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent