Accounts Payable / Invoicing Clerk – OK Tire Stores Inc. Corporate Office
Location: South Surrey, BC
Do you LOVE accounts payable – working through a pile of invoices and feeling that sense of accomplishment at the end of the day? We are a fast-paced busy office that outputs over 1,000 AP/AR invoices daily with our team of exceptional, outstanding finance employees!
Are you our next team member?
This integral role is part of “team”. The primary responsibly is to invoice A/R accounts & then enter invoices into A/P system for payment. This position will work closely with other team members to ensure all invoicing and payable steps are done in a timely fashion meeting sometimes, tight deadlines.
Here is a snapshot of what you would do on a daily basis:
· Manage and prioritize incoming supplier invoices and invoice them to A/R Customers, meeting month end deadlines.
· Manage and prioritize A/P supplier invoices and data enter accounting software for payment in a timely fashion meeting all deadlines.
· Sorting/batching (both numeric and alpha) and basic calculations.
· A/P batch checking, filing of paid documents, matching up cheque runs, matching up PO’s to invoices.
· Other related duties as required or assigned.
We are looking for someone who has:
- 2+ years’ experience in high volume/fast paced data entry and/or finance/accounting experience.
- Accurate keyboarding skills including use of numeric keyboard pad with an ability to sustain keyboarding/typing at an average of 50WPM.
- Intermediate experience/knowledge in computer applications such as Excel, Outlook, Word
Competencies & Characteristics that are important to us include:
· Accountability - Takes ownership of personal workload, manages tasks and sets priorities based on business needs.
· Attention to Detail – must have keen ability for accurate data entry, attends to details and pursues quality in the accomplishment of tasks, regardless of the volume of duties encountered.
· Continuous Improvement - Strives to improve job responsibilities through developing skills and increasing knowledge.
· Mature & Dependable
· Time Management - Balances a myriad of tasks; prioritizes duties as needed.
· Communication - Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing in English.
· Teamwork – Positive self-starter with the ability to work individually as well as part of a team and be able to help other team members as needed.
· Flexible – ability to be agile and change priorities as needed.
Are you our next exceptional employee? Please send us your cover letter and resume ASAP!
OK Tire offers an excellent compensation program that including a competitive salary, fully paid benefits package (except LTD), Matching RRSP program, Annual profit share, Personal Days and a Health & Wellness spending account.
We thank all applications for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Computer skills: 2 years (preferred)
- Accounts Payable: 2 years (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place